ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC & NI Number Issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SubChand1
Newly Registered

BC & NI Number Issue

Post by SubChand1 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:56 am

Hi All

I am applying for BC now, I got my ILR in nov 2004 based on 4 years work permit. In the naturalisation application I have to fill in my NI number. Here is the problem.

In my total stay of 5.5 years in UK , I have always been in work and paid tax, NI contribution, But the first three and half years I was using the temperary NI number that stats with 'TN'. After that I applied for permanent NI number and got it.

I gave my employer my new permanent NI number and I am paying my NI contribution to the new NI number account for the last two years. But Inland revenue has not updated its records with my new NI number, I called them many times and wrote to them few times also, but no use. On their records they have a different NI number for my tax account.

Now what can I do, and what NI number can I give in my nat. application form.
Is there anyway I can sort out the NI number confustion. If I apply with the new number now, will my application fail?.

I am worried now could anyone please advice me on this.

Thank you all

SubChandru

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:57 am

You should use the NI.... number.

Also, add in a note to explain the other temporary number.

Maybe a letter from the Payroll deptt would be useful as well.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:05 am

Your TN contributions would have been automatically transfered to your permanent NI number...
Where there is a will there is a way.

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:12 am

Many thanks for the instant replies guys.

As I said in my converstaion with inland revenue before, they said something like my NI number is not validated yet and can't be attached to my tax account. I dont know about merging of temp and permanent number contribution.

so you suggest me to mention the permanent NI number in my app form?.

Many thanks

SubChand