ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for the ILR (HSMP - JR) without passport?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Can I apply for the ILR (HSMP - JR) without passport?

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 pm

okie veterans here is the tricky one.
My passport and HSMP are both expiring same time in 2 months.
I've applied to renew my passport and I'm not sure how much time it will take to get passport back.

I'm running out of time and I need to get ILR to secure job.

Question is can I apply for ILR without passport.

Technically answer would be NO but lets see if anyone has any solution for it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply for the ILR (HSMP - JR) without passport?

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Nothing tricky about it.
nirmalsainiuk wrote:Can I apply for ILR without passport.
No.

Do you have your current passport with you? And is it still valid (not cancelled by embassy)? If so, book a PEO appointment for in-person ILR application on any available date before the expiry of your passport -> get ILR stamped.

regards

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Re: Can I apply for the ILR (HSMP - JR) without passport?

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 01, 2010 8:27 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Nothing tricky about it.
nirmalsainiuk wrote:Can I apply for ILR without passport.
No.

Do you have your current passport with you? And is it still valid (not cancelled by embassy)? If so, book a PEO appointment for in-person ILR application on any available date before the expiry of your passport -> get ILR stamped.

regards
If I had passport with me now I would have got the ILR ;)
It is with Indian High Commission and it is not cancelled.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 01, 2010 8:32 pm

How long ago did you apply for a new passport? And was it a postal application or in-person?

regards

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:23 pm

If its the indian embassy - it shouldn't take you more than 2 weeks to get your renewed passport back...
so you still have enough time to get yourself an appointment...

Good Luck..

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 02, 2010 11:41 am

If you go in person to the Indian HC and explain your situation, you should get a new passport in a few days, as it will be best to get ILR stamped on the new passport.
If you are waiting for it to come back by post, you might have to wait for ever. it will depend on the HC you have sent your passport to but B'ham HC is usually very quick these days.
Best Regards

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sun May 02, 2010 1:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:How long ago did you apply for a new passport? And was it a postal application or in-person?

regards
50+ days
In person.

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Passport Application Status Adverse

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sun May 02, 2010 1:14 pm

gidoc wrote:If you go in person to the Indian HC and explain your situation, you should get a new passport in a few days, as it will be best to get ILR stamped on the new passport.
If you are waiting for it to come back by post, you might have to wait for ever. it will depend on the HC you have sent your passport to but B'ham HC is usually very quick these days.
Best Regards
May be you are not aware of the scene inside High Commission of India, London office.

Just to sum up inside it is worse than Bombay Local Train. Now you can imagine the situation there.

I went to enquire there few days back. The lady told me the status is ADVERSE.

I asked what’s the next action?
She replied to check with INDIAN EMBASSY in BANGALORE
Trust me she replied with exact above words I swear on Lord Shiva.

hehe

When I said what Indian Embassy is? She got confused and checked computer and said Passport Office at Bangalore.

I had only 2-3 minutes of time to get information before the crowd behind me ejected me out of the queue.

So that is all I've got. My passport application status is ADVERSE and it is with RPO Bangalore and that I'm screwed.

I'm filing RTI to get more details. I'll start a new thread for it.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 02, 2010 2:50 pm

It means there is a problem with your application, as they have to check it with your original file, which probably is not digital and only in ' hard copy'.
I can tell you that I had my passport renewed( a new one) in 10 days.
best regards

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sun May 02, 2010 3:46 pm

gidoc wrote:It means there is a problem with your application, as they have to check it with your original file, which probably is not digital and only in ' hard copy'.
I can tell you that I had my passport renewed( a new one) in 10 days.
best regards
Tx for reply.
Yes exactly there is a problem which is what I'm trying to find out. what could be it?

Does anyone know if they have to check with RPO even when the address mentioned in the Application is same as it is on the Passport?

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Max duration for passport renewal

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sun May 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Does anyone know what is the maximum days set up by Govt. of India for passport renewal?

I found it to be 60 days. I just want to confirm it.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Regarding your passport, they have to check your original passport file which is held in your regional passport office. Since its a hard copy it can take quite a while. Your best bet indeed is to check whats happening at your RPO. Perhaps they cant locate your file!!
Best regards

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Indian Passport Renewal Status Adverse

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 pm

For the benefit of Indian brotherhood I present this information.
It has been quite a busy period with my passport F**k up by High Commission of India - London, RPO Bangalore and Bangalore Police.

To cut it short I send RTI to High Commission of India - London asking then exact status of my passort for which they replied with followings:
"The application is pending because of non-receipt of clearance from RPO, Bangalore who has mentioned the Police Report status of applicant as adverse."

The address mentioned in passport was same so there should not have been any Police Verification required at all as per Indian Passport Act.

And to sum up I've no clue about what to do next???

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 15, 2010 12:26 am

I applied for renewal of Indian passport last december.
My previous passport had expired 4 years and 10 months before I applied for renewal.
My appearance had totally changed since my last passport was issued, which is nearly 15 years.
I went to Consulate general of India, and enquired about all the documents required.
Carefully prepared all the documents and made 100 percent sure that everything was in order.
Submitted a special delivery envelope with the application.
Police went to enquire at my adress in India (delhi) on the 5th day of my application submission.
Received my new passport in two weeks time.

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Started Blog

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 29, 2010 12:07 am

Having fed up with the whole esperience of my passport renewal at High Commission of India, London, I've started my own blog to rant it.
http://www.grumpyindian.com/

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 29, 2010 12:14 am

Goood, well done. Someone needed to do it. by the way, have you applied for ILR yet?

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 29, 2010 12:38 am

mrlookforward wrote:Goood, well done. Someone needed to do it. by the way, have you applied for ILR yet?
Oh man it is mid night brain is having volcanic erruption.

Just stumbled upon some post and came to know that I can apply for ILR without renewing passport.

What an ar$e I was. Is hould have known it and applied for ILR earlier before messing up with HCI London.

Any way here is the burning question. Can I get my passport back from High Commission of India London????

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 am

Nirmal, can I say. Just relax and think with a cool mind. If you are not palnning to travel it would be best if you just forget about your Indian passport for now and apply for ILR.

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 29, 2010 12:51 am

mrlookforward wrote:Nirmal, can I say. Just relax and think with a cool mind. If you are not palnning to travel it would be best if you just forget about your Indian passport for now and apply for ILR.
Yes so true. It never occured to me.

But can I get my passport back? It is with High Commission? Would they return it if I ask?????

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 am

I dont know nirmal. But does it matter if they dont return? You can apply for ILR without it, so go for it. If you are due for ILR and you dont waste any more time, then in all probability, you will have a British passport in 15 months or so. :D

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 am

mrlookforward wrote:I dont know nirmal. But does it matter if they dont return? You can apply for ILR without it, so go for it. If you are due for ILR and you dont waste any more time, then in all probability, you will have a British passport in 15 months or so. :D
Man brain gonna explode.

Are you sure that I can apply for ILR without passport? Any citation/Reference for it?

Where do they stamp ILR?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 29, 2010 1:31 am

After reading what I am going to tell you now, you wont need a citation.

I applied for ILR without a passport of any kind, and I got an ILR without a passport of any kind.

HO issued me ISD (immigration status document). This is an A4 size document and there is an ILR sticker attached to it, and also some other things written on it. The sticker on ISD is the same exact sticker that goes on a passport.

Now I think you can sleep well tonight.

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 29, 2010 1:45 am

mrlookforward wrote:After reading what I am going to tell you now, you wont need a citation.

I applied for ILR without a passport of any kind, and I got an ILR without a passport of any kind.

HO issued me ISD (immigration status document). This is an A4 size document and there is an ILR sticker attached to it, and also some other things written on it. The sticker on ISD is the same exact sticker that goes on a passport.

Man you should have been beamed earlier. You might have saved me from my miserable exisance which I'm going through in past 3 months.

I owe you a full Indian Lunch with Cobra Beer.

Ping me whenever you are in London.

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 am

mrlookforward wrote:After reading what I am going to tell you now, you wont need a citation.

Can I ask how loing this ISD is valid for? Is there any dates mentioned on it for the expiry of the VISA?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun May 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Its exactly the same thing as you get in your passport. The sticker that would have been pasted in your passport gets pasted into ISD.

I wont answer your second question. You have to ask yourself. Why does Indefinite leave to Remain is called "Indefinite". Why? What could possibly be the expirty date on something that is Indefinite?