ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flrm visa taking 14 weeks????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

flrm visa taking 14 weeks????

Post by amr-zoka » Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi,

i asked some advice on whether i should contact ukba as my visa is taking over 14 weeks, they told me that it had not been dealt with and to fax a letter and they would look at it, i did this and then phoned them the next day they said its with a caseworker now but when i asked the caseworkers name they said they couldnt tell me, do you think they just told me this to keep me quiet?? im just worried coz its been over 14 weeks and i really just want to be normal and work snd look after my wife, i had a letter in january saying it was with the caseowrker, so i just needed a biometrics letter then i told them that they said "you shouldnt of received that letter, it was a mistake" its just getting ridiculous and i dont know what to do.......any advice?? surely they wouldnt just lie and say its being dealt with and its not.

Pls anyone had this?? is it normal over 14 weeks????

id appreciate any advice thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 02, 2010 7:38 pm

If it's been over 14 weeks and you feel you're being given 'the runaround', you could contact your local MP for help.

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

Post by amr-zoka » Sun May 02, 2010 9:58 pm

sorry who should i contact? to be honest i dont know who to contact my wife doesnt know much about visas either

you know any numbers that i could contact or who i need to talk to

thanks
amr

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Go onto the website:
www.theyworkforyou.com/mp
type in your post code and you will see who your local MP is with contact details. I suggest you do this before the election on Thursday. :wink: