ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for UK Spouse on PSW

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xolile
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa for UK Spouse on PSW

Post by xolile » Sun May 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi,
I have just recently gotten married to a Brit and we are planning to do an extensive tour of Europe within the next few months. I am presently on PSW and have not yet switched to FLR(M). Now I have booked an appointment at the French Consulate in Edinburgh but I was just wondering if my not having a spousal visa would be a problem. I have checked the french consulate website and I understand the visa should be issued free of charge to me and with less documentation. We have not made any flight bookings or hotel reservations as we were caught up in the volcanic ash nightmare a couple of weeks ago after pre booking our carribean honeymoon and it has been an ordeal getting our money back so we are not in a hurry to committ any funds untill we are good to go. Do you think not having any reservations made will be a problem with the French Embassy?
Finally since we plan to do many trips over the next few months, can I apply for a three months schengen visa or do I just apply for the expected duration of our first trip?

xolile
Newly Registered

Post by xolile » Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm

someone pls reply

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Whoo, after an hour no replies!

For u the visa is not free, you are not in the UK as a spouse yet.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

xolile
Newly Registered

Post by xolile » Sun May 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Wanderer wrote:Whoo, after an hour no replies!

For u the visa is not free, you are not in the UK as a spouse yet.

Thanks Wanderer. Does it then mean that I have to provide all the documents for a normal application. I thought my marriage certificate was enough proof that I was married to a UK National.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Wait a minute. Factually they are a spouse of a British Citizen, so why wouldn't the Schengen visa be free?
John

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 03, 2010 12:04 pm

John wrote:Wait a minute. Factually they are a spouse of a British Citizen, so why wouldn't the Schengen visa be free?
Yeah dunno what I was thinking, ignore me! Must be confusing myself with the spouse on PSW wanting ILR thread!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

xolile
Newly Registered

Post by xolile » Mon May 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks that sounds better. I will see how it goes on Friday