ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uplift for short term work outside uk

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

student79
BANNED

Uplift for short term work outside uk

Post by student79 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:48 pm

I am on tier 1 psw and will be converting to tier 1 general in june. My current salary employment of 30,000GBP and will require 10,000GBP to make the require point of 75.
Sometimes in february this year, I was in kenya to do a consultancy work for two clients in kenya which took me two weeks and the money made during this time was credited to my personal account in kenya.

Can i apply kenya uplift to this earning to make up for my shortfall? As i was physically present to undertake this work (2 weeks)

Please what documents do i need to present to HO when applying to corroborate this evidence.

I will really be grateful if seniors in the house can respond to this concern.

student79
BANNED

Post by student79 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 am

Still waiting for advise ... please guyz

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Uplift for short term work outside uk

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 am

student79 wrote:I am on tier 1 psw and will be converting to tier 1 general in june. My current salary employment of 30,000GBP and will require 10,000GBP to make the require point of 75.
Sometimes in february this year, I was in kenya to do a consultancy work for two clients in kenya which took me two weeks and the money made during this time was credited to my personal account in kenya.

Can i apply kenya uplift to this earning to make up for my shortfall? As i was physically present to undertake this work (2 weeks)

Please what documents do i need to present to HO when applying to corroborate this evidence.

I will really be grateful if seniors in the house can respond to this concern.
Yes, you will be able to use the uplift ratio for your fixed term work in Kenya.

And the HO guidance notes state what documents you need to submit; one document from two different sources.
Your personal bank statement: This should clearly show that ABC Ltd paid you £XXXX.
Letter from employer: This should state what type of work you did and how long it was for. It should also show the gross and net earnings.It's also important that they state the day the money was paid into your account and this should correspond with your bank statement.
Remember that the HO considers gross earnings when calculating for the period you are claiming.

Meanwhile, was the money paid at the time you were in kenya? I think this is also taken into account if the ratio is to be applied
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

student79
BANNED

Post by student79 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks alot beecharmer1800bc

Yes the money was paid into my account while undertaking the short work in kenya.

Right now what i have as evidence is a letter from the company detailing my activities with them

Kenya personal bank account to show details of the payment

Do i need an Accountant as well to prepare any documentation?

Thanks alot

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 03, 2010 4:52 pm

student79 wrote:Thanks alot beecharmer1800bc

Yes the money was paid into my account while undertaking the short work in kenya.

Right now what i have as evidence is a letter from the company detailing my activities with them

Kenya personal bank account to show details of the payment

Do i need an Accountant as well to prepare any documentation?

Thanks alot
No. You don't,but if you already have one- fine.
Two documents,one from a different source,is all you need.

Pls make sure the letter from the employer states the gross and net earnings as well as the date the money was paiinto your account.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

parity4me
Newly Registered

Post by parity4me » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:20 am

Hello student79, i am interested in the outcome of your aplication if u have aplied as i have a very similar situation: I was in Nigeria for a week and earned some money from my consultancy work which i intend to add to my UK salary to meet the 100 pts i need.

Thanks