ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Police Registration Problems of ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eva82me

Help! Police Registration Problems of ILR Application

Post by eva82me » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi all,

My husband is going to apply for the ILR visa based on his 10 years continual lawful stay in the UK. He is currently holding a 5 year work visa which valid until the end of 2012. Before this, he was granted 4 student visas which happened in 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004 respectively.

We are confident about the continuous of the visas and other documents. However, there are some problems with his police registration certificate.

(1) He forgot to report to the police about his visa extensions in 2000 and 2003. On his police registration certificate, there were two visa stamps from the HO when they issued them. And there is a statement saying to report the status to the police in 7 days.

(2) Apart from the visa status, he also forgot to register with the police about several old address changes.

My husband doesn’t have any criminal record. He didn’t register with the police purely because he forgot it. There is no ‘warning’ stamp on his police registration so far. And his current address, visa status and the old address before this one are all updated on time.

My question is:

(1) Will this be a problem of his ILR application?

(2) If he was rejected because of this. Will the home office have a record of it? Do we need to leave the country immediately? Do we have the right to appeal? How possible to win the case?

(3) If his ILR application was rejected and we don’t need to leave the country. Will it affect our ILR application in 2012 based on his 5 years work visa?

Can anybody advise?? Thanks a lot!

nirmalsainiuk
BANNED

Re: Help! Police Registration Problems of ILR Application

Post by nirmalsainiuk » Sat May 01, 2010 8:29 pm

It would be violation of human Rights if he is not allowed to have ILR ;) just because he forgot to register with Police.
Do you understand what I'm saying ;)

Ask him to apply and plea for innocence of forgetfulness for police registration.

If they talk to up then get lawyer and get it fixed.

eva82me

Re: Help! Police Registration Problems of ILR Application

Post by eva82me » Mon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Thank you for the information. It's very helpful.