ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-Joint Fixed Deposit as Maintenance Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsuk
- thin ice -

Urgent-Joint Fixed Deposit as Maintenance Proof

Post by nsuk » Thu May 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Dear Friends

My Bank has certified that I am maintaining minimum X amount since last

six months jointly with my parents in a Term Deposit. Is it OK for

maintenance funds requirement.

Kindly elaborate.
8)
Many Thanks

Neeraj Sharma

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent-Joint Fixed Deposit as Maintenance Proof

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Neeraj,

As far as bank statement/bank letter has got your name on it you are fine. Try to submit bank statement+bank letter together.

nsuk wrote:Dear Friends

Kindly elaborate.
8)
Many Thanks

Neeraj Sharma

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 pm

chetanojha wrote:Neeraj,

As far as bank statement/bank letter has got your name on it you are fine. Try to submit bank statement+bank letter together.

Kindly elaborate.
8)
Many Thanks

Neeraj Sharma

Dear Chetan

Thanks for ur reply. I am sending original FD's with the bank letter.

Will that be OK.

Neeraj Sharma

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Original FD's??? Not sure you should do that. You just need to show that you have money. Bank Statement and Letter from Bank should do.

Better get a letter from Bank saying you have these money in your bank account (joint). Also make sure bank mention the fact that "money can be made available to you anytime should you require and you have access to money". This should eliminate any doubts/concern case worker may have regarding the ownership of the FD. I have read few articles in this forum where parents created FD for their kid's name and it was not accepted as owner of those FD were parents and not kids.

nsuk wrote:

Kindly elaborate.
8)
Many Thanks

Neeraj Sharma

Dear Chetan

Will that be OK.

Neeraj Sharma

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Thu May 21, 2009 4:01 pm

chetanojha wrote:Original FD's??? Not sure you should do that. You just need to show that you have money. Bank Statement and Letter from Bank should do.

Better get a letter from Bank saying you have these money in your bank account (joint). Also make sure bank mention the fact that "money can be made available to you anytime should you require and you have access to money". This should eliminate any doubts/concern case worker may have regarding the ownership of the FD. I have read few articles in this forum where parents created FD for their kid's name and it was not accepted as owner of those FD were parents and not kids.

nsuk wrote:

Kindly elaborate.
8)
Many Thanks

Neeraj Sharma

Dear Chetan

Will that be OK.

Neeraj Sharma
Since the bank does not generates statements for the FD's I was thinking

of sending the originals. The wording of the letter says,

"It is certified that Mr. Neeraj Sharma is maintaining jointly SB/STDR

with his parents having CIF No.xxxxxxxxx with us. The total minimum

balance maintained by him since 28/11/08 is xxxxxx till this date."

Will there be any problem regarding this.

Neeraj Sharma

sandeepak
Newly Registered

Maintainance fund

Post by sandeepak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Dear all,

Please tell me that can we show maintainance fund in a form of Term deposit ?

Bank is ready to give statement that "money can be made available to you anytime should you require and you have access to money".

Please help me

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintainance fund

Post by push » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 pm

sandeepak wrote:Dear all,

Please tell me that can we show maintainance fund in a form of Term deposit ?

Bank is ready to give statement that "money can be made available to you anytime should you require and you have access to money".

Please help me
Yes you can
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 pm

nsuk wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Original FD's??? Not sure you should do that. You just need to show that you have money. Bank Statement and Letter from Bank should do.

nsuk wrote:

Dear Chetan

Will that be OK.

Neeraj Sharma
Since the bank does not generates statements for the FD's I was thinking

of sending the originals. The wording of the letter says,

"It is certified that Mr. Neeraj Sharma is maintaining jointly SB/STDR

with his parents having CIF No.xxxxxxxxx with us. The total minimum

balance maintained by him since 28/11/08 is xxxxxx till this date."

Will there be any problem regarding this.

Neeraj Sharma
You do not need to send the original but the letter from the Bank should say that funds are available for you to withdraw anytime you want. It is easy to get the FD transferred into your name. Having a joint ownership might cause problem. The letter from the bank should also say that it is a Financial Institution or a Bank governed by the Reserve Bank of India (sort of equivalent of FSA).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Please note the highlighted words from push's reply are very important.
You do not need to send the original but the letter from the Bank should say that funds are available for you to withdraw anytime you want. It is easy to get the FD transferred into your name. Having a joint ownership might cause problem. The letter from the bank should also say that it is a Financial Institution or a Bank governed by the Reserve Bank of India (sort of equivalent of FSA).

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Neeraj Sharma,

This is kandasamy right now I am in UK and I am planning to apply for dependent visa with 2 week time.
For maintenance fund I am showing my wife’s FD. When I checked with bank, they are ready to provide the letter, but they don’t have any format. Could u please help me by sharing the letter format which u got it from ur bank. It will be really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kandasamy

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:35 pm

kandasamy wrote:Hi Neeraj Sharma,

This is kandasamy right now I am in UK and I am planning to apply for dependent visa with 2 week time.
For maintenance fund I am showing my wife’s FD. When I checked with bank, they are ready to provide the letter, but they don’t have any format. Could u please help me by sharing the letter format which u got it from ur bank. It will be really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kandasamy
If you are putting FD for maintenance funds, make sure your letter from bank specifically state that funds are available any time when you need them.

uvalue

Post by uvalue » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:20 pm

@@kandasamy

Please find the letter format below. you can edit this and request your bank to give you letter like this:

The Visa Assessing Officer
XXXX Embassy AddressXXXXXX
XXXXX India or Pakistan etc.XXXX

Dated: 26th June 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXX XXXXXX is maintaining a Deposit Bank Account with us bearing Account Number XXXXX since XXXXXXX.

The withdrawal balance maintained as on 26/06/2009 is XXXXX (Five Thousand Four Hundred & Fifty sterlinhd). The minimum balance amount maintained in this Deposit Account XXXXXX during the period XX XX XXXX to XX XX XXXX is XXXXX.XX (Four Thousand Sterlings). Mr. XXXXX has held funds of over XXXXX equivalent to GBP £4000.00 (i.e. 1 euro = .85 GBP) for the last 3 consecutive months, and the funds never gone below this level at any stage during the last 3 months. These funds are clearly and unconditionally available for immediate withdrawals or can be liquidated at any given point of time.

The certificate is issued at the request of account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part. Should you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the FD letter format to me.

Regards
Kandasamy

anubhav78

Post by anubhav78 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi all,

Need some help. I'm applying for Tier 1 from Mumbai.
My bank is ready to give me this letter which i intend to use for my maintenance.

"This is to confirm that Mr xxx maintains a Saving Account relationship with ICICI Bank vide A/c no xxxxxxx since xxxx whose balance as on xxx is Rs.6,00,000 which includes linked fixed deposit in the name of Mr. xxx for Rs.3,00,000.

The balance in Mr. xxxx a/c no. xxxxx(same as above) has not gone below Rs.3,00,000 for the period xxx to xxx(3 months)"

The bank (ICICI) is not ready to add anything related to the withdrawal.
Any chances this might get rejected?

Also to note that this is not a joint account.

-Anubhav

mno2uk

did the letter work for u ?

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm

Hello .. did the FD leter work for u man ? were u able to grab the visa on the basis of this language ?
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXX XXXXXX is maintaining a Deposit Bank Account with us bearing Account Number XXXXX since XXXXXXX.

The withdrawal balance maintained as on 26/06/2009 is XXXXX (Five Thousand Four Hundred & Fifty sterlinhd). The minimum balance amount maintained in this Deposit Account XXXXXX during the period XX XX XXXX to XX XX XXXX is XXXXX.XX (Four Thousand Sterlings). Mr. XXXXX has held funds of over XXXXX equivalent to GBP £4000.00 (i.e. 1 euro = .85 GBP) for the last 3 consecutive months, and the funds never gone below this level at any stage during the last 3 months. These funds are clearly and unconditionally available for immediate withdrawals or can be liquidated at any given point of time.

The certificate is issued at the request of account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part. Should you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the undersigned.

If you are putting FD for maintenance funds, make sure your letter from bank specifically state that funds are available any time when you need them.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

DID u get this added as well ??

kandasamy wrote:Hi,

Thanks for sharing the FD letter format to me.

Regards
Kandasamy

rduk5252
Newly Registered

Post by rduk5252 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 am

Dear all,
I am planning to submit my application on next week.
For Fund Maintanance, I am having FD in ICICI bank (1 May 2009 to 10 May 2010), I have taken letter from the Bank stating that these funds are held in my deposit account more 3 months and it can be withdraw at any point of time.
Please advice me, the above letter itself is enough or requires any statement from the bank. Since bank normally cannot give any statement for the FD. But I have "Deposit Confirmation Advice" document, will it be okay. (Original is missed out, bank itself sent me Duplicate copy by postal).

Please provide your valuable suggestion urgently.

Thanks & Regards,
RD.

abhishek-m
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek-m » Mon May 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi RDUK,
How did you manage to get this letter from ICICI they are not ready to give the same to me. Pls PM me your contact details, would like to discuss this with you