ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UNABLE TO FIND A JOB IN NETHERLAND REQUESTING HELP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yawa_hyatt2001
Newly Registered

UNABLE TO FIND A JOB IN NETHERLAND REQUESTING HELP

Post by yawa_hyatt2001 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:51 pm

hello every body iam yasir , iam in NETHERLAND for last theree months i have arrived hhere on studet visa ( IAM FROM PAKISTAN). i now have temproray residency permit of netherland basically iam seraching for any kind of JOB but untill now i have not fine any job or u can say nobody is giving me a job the reason behind it is that wheere ever i went for job they always asked for any kind reference which unfortunatly i dont have .
i also visited GERMANY ,BELGIUM ,rotterdam and many other places for the sake of JOB but unfortunatly i didnt got any job at all .NOW the curerent situation is that iam jobless herer for about three months and i want to do a job i want to support my family in pakistan who is totally dependent on me . i know about MS OFFICE and i also have good typing speed .PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR GOD sake if u can help me give me and good adivse or reference or anything else so that i may be able to get a job here . I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO U

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:28 pm

Yawa,

I dont know what you mean when you say they need a 'reference'. I can tell you this kind of thing doesnt really happen in NL, or in most other countries in Europe. You wont get rejected from a job just because you dont have a 'reference' or a 'contact' there. Question is do you have the right paperwork and skills?

If you are on a student visa, then you will be allowed to work maybe a limited number of hours (Check this with your university's International office). Your best bet is to use an agency to find some basic work like call centre or something, they might be able to help you. This kind of work is temporary in nature and readily available.

I know the situation in NL isnt that great with regards to jobs, and I wouldnt be surprised if you dont find anything straight away.

Good Luck