ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial HSMP is made with batchelors& extension with mas

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imm_hsmp_gls
Newly Registered

Initial HSMP is made with batchelors& extension with mas

Post by imm_hsmp_gls » Tue May 04, 2010 10:19 am

Hi there,

I would be grateful if anybody can respond to this query immediately.

My brother has completed his bachelors in 2002 and completed his masters in 2004 from Periyar University, Tamilnadu.

His masters original degree is mentioned both in Tamil and English the languages, which was given by university.

His initial HSMP was filed with his bachelors in 2007 Nov and EC was done in 2008.

We forgot that his initial HSMP was made with bachelors (as he was getting points at that time with bachelors itself did not bother much about masters) and claimed points for masters degree while applying for extension and did not provide the originals for masters degree applying and mentioned in the application that it is provided with initial HSMP.

[color=red]He received his passport from home office this morning and is not successful saying he has made his initial application with bachelors degree in 2004.

He completed his bachelors in 2002 itself, if they are taking about bachelors it should be mentioned as 2002 but they mentioned it 2004 , I can't understand this... .[/color]

He claimed points as mentioned below
Age --> 20 --[color=green] HO accepted[/color]Qualifications --> 35 -- [color=red]they gave only 30 points here[/color]
Earnings --> 15 -- [color=green]HO accepted[/color]
United Kingdom experience --> 5 -- [color=red]HO accepted[/color]
Total (75 points required) --> 75 ------ [color=red]HO gave just 70 points and rejected the application.[/color]
It was mentioned in the reference letter to reapply, if he wants and not to appeal.

[color=red]Now the query is , will it lead to any unnecessary complications if he made a fresh application for extension with Masters Degree OD and reclaim the points for it??

I guess there should not be any problem, if somebody made his initial HSMP with bachelors and now if claims points for masters, can somebody confirm this??

Since the OD is mentioned in both the languages English and Tamil does he need to submit any special letter/notes in the reapplication??[/color]

Could any body respond to me please??

His current visa is getting expired on 13th of May....

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Reapply and clearly mention in your application this time that initial approval was taken by supplying Bachelors degree and now extension is being applied on the basis of masters degree. I do not see any problem in it (and Tier 1 guidance notes also state that it is possible).

It would be helpful if you could write the exact wording of refusal letter here.

imm_hsmp_gls
Newly Registered

Post by imm_hsmp_gls » Tue May 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Somehow we managed to find the file(soft copies of docs) which we submitted during my brother's initial HSMP and we have claimed points for his Masters Degree as well but I don't know how did they consider it as just bachelors. He has sent Masters and bachelors original degree (OD) to home office when his initial HSMP was filed.

He completed his bachelors in 2002 and took OD from univ in 2004 and Masters in 2004 and took OD from univ in 2004.

One thing which is not clear is how did home office just considered my bachelors.

Response from home office for qualification section is , for the all the remaining tables they have awarded claimed points...
[color=darkred]
"You have claimed 35 points for Previous Earning under Appendix A of the Immigration Rules, but on the basis of the documents you provided with your initial HSMP application you qualify for 30 points.

You have started that you a Master's Degree in XXXX gained in 2004 and awarded in India by Periyar University, you have also stated that you previously provided evidence of this in your initial HSMP application.

The Qualification that you provided and were awarded points for on your initial HSMP application was a Batchelor's Degree gained in 2004 and awarded by yyyy University.

[color=red]<<Infact he completed his bachelors in 2002 itself, and masters in 2004 and both of them were submitted during his initial HSMP( I managed to find scanned copies of docs which i sent in 2007).

Did it confuse them with the datess like he completed bachelors in 2002 and degree was collected from univ in 2004>>[/color]

We have therefore been able to award 30 pints, in line with the published guidance."[/color]

and also stated that he is not entitle to appeal as he still has valid visa until 13 may ..

in this case does he need to make new application with complete fee/ can he appeal with out paying fee by providing Bachelors and Masters OD???

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Applicant should call this number to speak with UKBA adviser 0114 207 4074 to check how many points he/she were awarded for qualification in his/her original application.

This number is also quoted in the Tier 1 guidance.

Your situation is strange.

imm_hsmp_gls
Newly Registered

Post by imm_hsmp_gls » Wed May 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for UK BA adviser number and all your replies, it is quite helpful to know that we can cross verify with UK BA.

He made a fresh appliction today and attached his masters OD along with his application.

We were in rush as his current visa is valid until 13th of this month .

Is there a possiblity of enquiring about all these things with UK BA after receiving passport from HO.

Even it is strange for all of us , in our friends circle altogether 10 people have applied for extensions in these 4 months, all of us are from India , none of us has sent OD's with extension application.

It is mentioned in HO refusal letter as
"[color=red] You have claimed 35 points for Previous Earning [/color] ([color=green] ( it should be something like - You have claimed 35 points for qualification )[/color] under Appendix A of the Immigration Rules, but on the basis of the documents you provided with your initial HSMP application you qualify for 30 points"

That could be typo by caseworker.

imm_hsmp_gls
Newly Registered

Post by imm_hsmp_gls » Thu May 06, 2010 5:05 pm

We did manage to contact UKBA adviser today and now it is confirmed that points are given for bachelors degree as per their records..

Now with the new application Masters OD is sent
Last edited by imm_hsmp_gls on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imm_hsmp_gls
Newly Registered

Post by imm_hsmp_gls » Wed May 26, 2010 2:36 pm

We received passport from home office and it is successful ,big thanks to Rizwan until we call UK BA adviser it was a big mystery and we were totally confused.

Here is the conclusion of what happened:

When we the initial HSMP was filed it was done thru agent, we were told that copies sent that points were claimed for masters but when we called K BA after refusal they said as their database points are given for bachelors alone.

We don’t know what went wrong or where was this gap, just reapplication with masters original degree a 1050£ fee solved the problem.