ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

review or new application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frustrated01
Newly Registered

review or new application

Post by frustrated01 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:19 pm

I am Australian with a Masters degree and work experience. I have just had my application rejected as the HSMP board felt that one of my positions was not graduate level. The agency my work used to apply for the visa feels that the letter is very good and can't see why it has been rejected.
I now have to decide if I should ask for a review or submit a new application?
Anyone have any experience with the review process? good/bad/otherwise
If I submit a new application I will be including my salary information which was left off my previous application as it was felt it was not needed.

Help! I am getting very disheartned with the whole process and have a working holiday visa that expires at the end of March!

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:37 pm

I would suggest that go for a review as ur solicitor feels there is nothing wrong with the experience letters and more over it is free.

Just in case your review is rejected then you can file for a new application.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:53 pm

Look at the case worker's manual to see of if your work experience letter was up to the mark. You can read the manual by following this link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5195

frustrated01
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated01 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:45 pm

my letter stated the level that I worked at the job description stated that a degree and/or three years equivalent work experience was required. All jobs have and/or experience so I think it is getting a little too picky!

Also if I apply for a review and get rejected can I still then submit a new application? do they consider each new appication on it's own merits or do they consider that you have previously applied?

Thanks for the advice so far.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:24 pm

Also if I apply for a review and get rejected can I still then submit a new application? do they consider each new appication on it's own merits or do they consider that you have previously applied?
Your reference number will be based on your first application, a clear indication that they are aware this is not your first attempt. You can send in a new application and it should be judged based on the evidence you have collated with your new application. The previous application should not work as a bias against you. There have been other applicants who have been successful the second or even third time around.

zubair
Newly Registered

HSMP

Post by zubair » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:31 am

Hi

I am Australian also and intending to apply for HSMP (over 28) based on my master degree. Could you please tell me what you wrote in your letter. Can i get a copy of your experience letter.

Thankyou

Regards

zubi

azizzubair@Hotmail.com

frustrated01
Newly Registered

letter of experience

Post by frustrated01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:44 am

My letters were references from my previous employers. But from what I can gather it is crucial that your previous employers write 'this was a graduate level position' otherwise the people at the home office are unable to determine what a 'graduate level job is'. Also a pity that it is completely subjective and down to the person on the day who picks up your application to make that call!