ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR at croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viresh
Newly Registered

Got ILR at croydon

Post by viresh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

Finally yesterday I got ILR at croydon. I would like to thank all on this forum for providing all the information. I was really worried about my ILR. I got ILR from 5 year work permit category. My biggest worry was that my company was acquired by another company and then later on they restructured there company to form divisions. But luckily my HR team had filled Technical Change from. So long story short my work permit was with company abc which was acquired by xyz and also couple of year back we shifted our office.

Anyways run up to my appointment I was really tense but all went so smoothly that I still can’t believe. I had collected loads of papers but in end they did not ask for much.
Papers they asked were
1) work permit original
2) last three month payslip
3) last three months bank statements
4) employer letter
5) 2 photos
My appointment at croydon was at 8.30 am. I live in Bristol so we started way to early and reached croydon at 7.30am, still there were 5 people in front of usï

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 pm

How did you get an appointment on Saturday?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... page/peos/

ALL PEO's Opening Hours: Open XXX Monday to Friday (except public holidays)

Thanks,
BeHonest

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:44 pm

yes on website it says opening time mon - fri but when you go on web site for booking it showed appointment available on sat.

I booked it two weeks before thru web site. infact had first booked appointment for 17apr but had to cancel that on 15th and booked it for 24th on 15th apr.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me know by what time you booked it? Was it in the evening or late night or early morning?

I am constantly looking for the availability with no luck so far.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 pm

second one i remember booking it during the day ..... may be arround 2pm. try for bigger centers like croydon , glasgow
Last edited by viresh on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks Viresh.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 pm

If you are worried then try booking appointment over phone. They will give u next available date. that will give u an idea or you can book it over phone and keep looking on net if u get earlier one you can cancel other.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:06 pm

I called them yesterday. :-)

Need to wait for 2 more weeks for phone booking. Phone booking slots will be realesed only 6 weeks in advance.

I have started looking online for a slot as soon as the 'commencing week' is shown in the drop down list.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:01 pm

congratulation !!! what about P60, did they ask about P60 aswel.?

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

I had all my p60's they dint ask for it only last three month payslips and bank statement.... I think it depends upon casework to caseworker she might have done a check on my ni to see all the details...

hameleon
Newly Registered

P60's

Post by hameleon » Tue May 04, 2010 2:11 pm

viresh wrote:I had all my p60's they dint ask for it only last three month payslips and bank statement.... I think it depends upon casework to caseworker she might have done a check on my ni to see all the details...
Congratulation again!!!
Sorry fro disturbing you.
All your p60's showing income very close to WP salary or not and did you have any unpaid periods during 5 years? Because I have 4 months in a row and worry about that but I was inside UK, my absences are ok.
Many thanks

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 pm

My WP salary was kind of starting salary and had increments along the line. so my first p60 only had salary what was in wp. I think I read in technical change form that its is ok if the increment is in line with annual increments...

As far as my salary from WP is concern over 5 year it has increased almost 50% of the salary.

I did not had any unpaid periods in my 5 year on WP.