ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two-day trips outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Udai123
Newly Registered

Two-day trips outside the UK

Post by Udai123 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Going through various posts on this forum, I understand that days of exiting and entering the UK are not to be counted as days outside the UK for the purpose of Citizenship.

In my case, I make frequent two-day trips to Europe as part of my job i.e. leaving today morning and back in the UK the next day in the evening. I also undertake many day trips outside the UK when I have left the UK and am back in the same day.

Could I know how are these trips are to be counted ? Does a day trip count as zero and does a two day trip count also count as zero days or one day outside the UK ?

please do advise.

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Your interpretation is correct as far as I know.
I believe you do need to mention all trips (entry/exits) but count days out in 1-2 day trips as 0.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue May 04, 2010 4:36 pm

If you were present in the UK at any point during any day, whether for just an hour or even less then that day does NOT count as an absence.

Following on from that you are required to only mention absences so no need to mention it as you were technically not absent on the day of departure and the day of return.

bani

Post by bani » Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Backer wrote:Your interpretation is correct as far as I know.
I believe you do need to mention all trips (entry/exits) but count days out in 1-2 day trips as 0.
agree with Backer.

include the 1-2 day trips in the table in section 2.2 (if it doesn't fit, you can add more pages). but on the "total number of days absent" column, type 0.

my opinion is -- if you don't include these trips, there might be a question why you have so many more entry stamps than listed trips.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 am

f2k wrote:If you were present in the UK at any point during any day, whether for just an hour or even less then that day does NOT count as an absence.

Following on from that you are required to only mention absences so no need to mention it as you were technically not absent on the day of departure and the day of return.
I disagree with this. You have to mention every trip outside the UK. While the one and two day trips will count to zero, you still need to mention them in the application.

Ray