ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to put on the form? FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meninha
Newly Registered

What to put on the form? FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Meninha » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi,
I`m applying to the family permit visa online
And one of the questios are the date that i intent to travel to the uk and the day that i intent to come back.
But when they asked on the form how longer will i stay in the UK , i said that it ws going to be permanently.

So what should I do? ... Should i put the period of 6 months as the visa allows me? and write somethign saying that i intent to apply to stay permanently when i get There?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: What to put on the form? FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Rozen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Meninha wrote:Hi,
I`m applying to the family permit visa online
And one of the questios are the date that i intent to travel to the uk and the day that i intent to come back.
But when they asked on the form how longer will i stay in the UK , i said that it ws going to be permanently.

So what should I do? ... Should i put the period of 6 months as the visa allows me? and write somethign saying that i intent to apply to stay permanently when i get There?
Put ANY date! Even if it's after the six month period! You've already indicated that you are planning to permanently settle in the UK with your family member, so the date of return is of no importance!
I guess this option was put in place for those who are planning to use the EEA FP for visiting purposes.
So don't worry. It's just an Entry Clearance to allow you to enter the UK, after which you may apply for a 5 year Residence Card on form EEA2. (Even if your EEA FP has already 'expired' by then).

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 pm

THANK YOU veryyy much for your help = )... heheheh ....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 pm

No worries! All the best! :)

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 pm

sorry to bother you again but is it easy to get this permit?
I was wondering how long it takes so they can approve it.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 am

Is there any particular reason why you keep ignoring my advice of keeping your questions in a single thread or do you really expect the people here to give you answers based on the meager information you provide?

See
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#363767
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#364104

From your very first post I would recommend reading
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... onvenience

For estimates of processing times look here
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

And we still don't know what your husband is actually doing in the UK. In any case, have him write a cover letter for you explaining relevant details.

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Tue May 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi ... today I applied to the family permit...
but when i came home, I have noticed that I`ve forgot to attach an original of my husband`s addres ... but I`ve attached a document that have his addres on it.. but is a photocopy, is there any problem with that? =/

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Meninha wrote:Hi ... today I applied to the family permit...
but when i came home, I have noticed that I`ve forgot to attach an original of my husband`s addres ... but I`ve attached a document that have his addres on it.. but is a photocopy, is there any problem with that? =/
Nope!

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm

hehehe = D are you sure? ... thanks for your answer = )

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am

me again = D .. how long does it take so I can get and answer from the immigration? ... I`ve already looked the table that they have on their website... but I want to know any example of how many days it takes... anyone who already got their visa ...= )

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 am

*an answer

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Sun May 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Meninha wrote:me again = D .. how long does it take so I can get and answer from the immigration? ... I`ve already looked the table that they have on their website... but I want to know any example of how many days it takes... anyone who already got their visa ...= )

Choose the city you are applying from and..... there you are!

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..