ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Long-term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Long Journey
Newly Registered

Post by Long Journey » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:07 am

Hi All

Received my LTR yesterday after almost 26 Months..

Applied August 2007
Additional Info Requested June 2009

Finally some good news... I hope that you all will receive such good news soon! :D

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:57 pm

congrats longjourney !!! still waiting for mine. called them and they said waiting for outside agency checks

csr

Post by csr » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:49 pm

congrats Long Journey, it is long time than usual. Any way good news at the end.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 pm

did anyone got LTR who applied Jan 2008 lately, thanks

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm

nope still waiting

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:46 am

FINALLY after waiting for nearly 2 years recieved my LTR letter on friday applied on 26th jan 08 no additional documents asked,i kept them updated with address change and visa updates,have to send the money tommorow.....another 500 gone from account but no regrets

krb
Newly Registered

Post by krb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 pm

I received approval letter for LTR in post today.
Applied end of May 2008.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Well done mate congrats one of my fren got it today as well he invite me for small dinner. Here's one to you!

csr

Post by csr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Congrats aswadref & krb.

I received my approval letter for LTR Yesterday by post. Sent 500 today by registered post.
Applied in March 2008.

csr

Post by csr » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:54 am

that's quick. sent 500 euros last Wednesday and received approved letter Yesterday by post.

pranal
Newly Registered

Post by pranal » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 am

satishbhawra53 wrote:Well, I've finally clocked my 5yr legal residence for applying for Irish naturalization. I went to an immigration lawyer in Dublin on Tuesday and she went through everything with me and signed my application. All good to go (thank God!) She also mentioned
HI SATISH,
I as well applied through solicitor, jan 2009, said will charge only if the application is successful, didnt bother to ask, how much is he going to charge at that moment,

Could you tell me what is he charging you?

can i be irish
Newly Registered

bbv

Post by can i be irish » Mon May 03, 2010 8:06 pm

vbcvbxc

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi ALL
me and my friend are sharing house tigether and came to ireland same day and submitted the file for LTR in oct 2008, my friend have got application approved last month and there is no news about me does any body ahve an idea what month files are being processed, my friend got his approval on time or i am getting delayed
does anybody have any updates

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue May 04, 2010 5:35 pm

can i be irish wrote:Hi ALL
me and my friend are sharing house tigether and came to ireland same day and submitted the file for LTR in oct 2008, my friend have got application approved last month and there is no news about me does any body ahve an idea what month files are being processed, my friend got his approval on time or i am getting delayed
does anybody have any updates
Write a letter to them ask them you would like an update on your application. they would usually reply and let you know after few days
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Applied 9/04/2008
Approved 05/05/2010

Send them Postal order today, my passport is almost full and i want to apply for new one before i get 5 year Stamp.
How long can i wait after getting approval letter to go to GNIB?
Last edited by justcurious on Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Wed May 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applied 9/04/2010
Approved 05/05/2010

Send them Postal order today, my passport is almost full and i want to apply for new one before i get 5 year Stamp.

Hi
I m just curious that u got approval of LTR in less then a month in IRELAND, pls post correct dates and send them draft get letter go to GNIB office tell them ur situation and they will help u out in mean time apply 4 new passport tell ur embassy about the situation u might get new passport in urgent request.
best of luck

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Wed May 05, 2010 3:17 pm

justcurious wrote:Applied 9/04/2008
Approved 05/05/2010

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Wed May 05, 2010 3:20 pm

can i be irish wrote:Joined: 05 Mar 2010

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applied 9/04/2010
Approved 05/05/2010

Hi
I m just curious that u got approval of LTR in less then a month in IRELAND, pls post correct dates and send them draft get letter go to GNIB office tell them ur situation and they will help u out in mean time apply 4 new passport tell ur embassy about the situation u might get new passport in urgent request.
best of luck
Sorry applied in 2008, corrected now.
I still have visa till November, and i think i will get my new passport in month time, do i still need to go to GNIB?
Can i wait for 1-2 month after my letter has arrived to get the stamp?
Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed May 05, 2010 4:27 pm

yes, you can go in with your LTR letter a bit later, like a month or two, but your 5 year permission will still be given from the date of the letter.

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Thu May 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi GUYS
I am in a very awkward situation, i applied LTR in sept 2008 and submitted my file for naturalisation in dec 2009, after that some of my friend told me that he had some problem with his case and he went to the solicitor and he was dealt very quickly and got LTR and naturalisation approval with in six months time,
i took that solicitor contact and had an appontment he told me he will get my file sorted in 1 year or maybe 18 months hopefully. then he told me that if in want i can submit an application under sec(4) Irish born child and me and my wife can get 18 years stamp 4 untill, this law was finished in 2005 but he told me that still they can deal with application if u send them and iy will take hardly 6 months to get sorted, so it look fruitful to me and asked himto file my application, now after nearly one and half year i went to him and asked that y on LTR or Naturalisation or IBC act i havnt heard any thing
and good thing is a friend sharing house with me send LTR application same day with me and got his approval last month.
so i asked that if u submit my files should be quicker then normal people who didnot pay anyboby then he told me that in oct 2009 there was a decision made by the court that Naturalisation is no body right and no one can force the department to speed up cases he told me that this news was all in papers and now its no point to write them or contact them its all their decision when they want to make it, he told me that if i want i can write them myself and get the updates
now i am bit pissed off and scared that they might make more delays in my application as in normal they are so slow or they might fuckup my case, i really dont know what to do today i am really no where
please advice or just i should forget of everything that i submitted any files.
thanx and congratulation to guys getting their matter sorted in time

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm

i would suggest to write a letter to LTR asking about your case. quote your 69/... ref number. inform them, that the solicitor is no longer representing you, if that is the case. otherwise all correspondence will go to your solicitor. update LTR with your current address and send them any new stamps you have and a copy of your gnib card. you should hear from them shortly.
your naturalisation application is still in the queue, so no point requesting info from them yet, they are still working on 2008 cases.
as for IBC, i would suggest to forget about it, because IBC finished in 2005 and no new applications are processed. it is only taken into consideration if there is a deportation order issued to one of the parents.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 13, 2010 8:29 pm

can i be irish wrote:Hi GUYS
I am in a very awkward situation, i applied LTR in sept 2008 and submitted my file for naturalisation in dec 2009, after that some of my friend told me that he had some problem with his case and he went to the solicitor and he was dealt very quickly and got LTR and naturalisation approval with in six months time,
i took that solicitor contact and had an appontment he told me he will get my file sorted in 1 year or maybe 18 months hopefully. then he told me that if in want i can submit an application under sec(4) Irish born child and me and my wife can get 18 years stamp 4 untill, this law was finished in 2005 but he told me that still they can deal with application if u send them and iy will take hardly 6 months to get sorted, so it look fruitful to me and asked himto file my application, now after nearly one and half year i went to him and asked that y on LTR or Naturalisation or IBC act i havnt heard any thing
and good thing is a friend sharing house with me send LTR application same day with me and got his approval last month.
so i asked that if u submit my files should be quicker then normal people who didnot pay anyboby then he told me that in oct 2009 there was a decision made by the court that Naturalisation is no body right and no one can force the department to speed up cases he told me that this news was all in papers and now its no point to write them or contact them its all their decision when they want to make it, he told me that if i want i can write them myself and get the updates
now i am bit pissed off and scared that they might make more delays in my application as in normal they are so slow or they might fuckup my case, i really dont know what to do today i am really no where
please advice or just i should forget of everything that i submitted any files.
thanx and congratulation to guys getting their matter sorted in time
Did the solicitor give you the reference numbers for both applications? If you have them, as agniukas suggested you can write LTR and naturalization sections for update on your applications.

I keep saying to people, if you have a straight forward case, there is absolutely no reason to apply for any form of residency or naturalization through a solicitor. It would serve no purpose. Given your story, it would appear that you are a victim of a rogue solicitor. The application window for IBC ended January 2005 and there is no such thing as applying for naturalization based on IBC. If you have proof of payment you can report him to the law society or may be any of the consumer ombudsman.

Going back to your applications, if you applied in late 2008 you are still very much within the time frames that are currently being processed for both LTR and naturalization. Your friend may have gotten theirs but from what we know of how the approval processes work, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get it the same time even if you both applied on the same day.

Good luck and please stay away from them rogues solicitors :wink:

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:34 am

hi folks
thanx for ur advice, i got my Ltr approved today, thanx agniukas and 9j
ad

chira
Newly Registered

LTR

Post by chira » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 am

Hi Every one,

I’m in Ire since Aug 2002 with a work permit. Had my unlimited for 3 years. I applied for LTR in Nov 2007. I sent all the documents by my self. They asked me for the current visa info last year. I’m still waiting on a decision. Every time I send a letter they tell me that they are waiting on a interdepartmental report. What is this? What should I do? People who applied after me got the LTR. I have my visa info sent out, and I have no gaps on my passport. If I go to a lawyer will it help? I’m not very happy to pay money to a stingy lawyer for something I’m entitled to. Can anyone please please give me some helpful advice.

:( :( :( :(

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 am

they are still probably waiting for the garda report. sometimes it can take ages. no need for the solicitor, the answer would be the same. without that report, they cannot reach the decision. hopefully you hear from them soon.