ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTD company- PAYE / insurance/ at least one worker issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

merci

LTD company- PAYE / insurance/ at least one worker issues

Post by merci » Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm

we have a ltd company and my husband director of it.

Due to he has has salaried employment, he did n't draw any salary but being paid dividend. we did not pay salary to anybody as well

According new guidence item 142

(i) (ii) (iii) sub-articles are all related paye related issues. One of my friend said to me you should paid at least to one person PAYE.
When I asked that to my accountant in the back he strongly said not neccessary.
Coud you pls clarify that point?

In that case is it too late to register for all this three i will apply at the end of may the previous earnings period is belong to last year.

What kind of trouble i may face?
Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 pm

What kind of trouble i may face?
The "trouble" in doing that ... paying no salary at all .... will unnecessarily increase the amount of Corporation Tax payable by the company. At least your husband should be drawing £110 per week .... £5720 per year ...... and that would cost the company and your husband nothing in terms of NI .... but reduce the amount of Corporation Tax payable by the company.

You are getting advice as regards the operation of the company? An Accountant? A Company Secretary?
John

merci

Post by merci » Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 pm

John really appreciated for your answer.

So there is nothing wrong legally, but deficit on my account.

Now I have to find a way out. How can I resolve this matter....
My accountant should warned me, but he insisted that is not neccessary, by that time he did not even mentioned about corporation tax allowance amount.

Do you know how I can resolve this matters I have to provide at least two more evidence from article 142, as additional evidences

I am only shareholder for 10 pct and I am the dependant , but actually i am trying to follow the documentation part at my best.

What can I do? we really need help and my accountant does not respond my phones. Really any help most welcomed.

Kindest Regards

merci

Post by merci » Wed May 05, 2010 10:36 pm

My accountant registering us with PAYE according 142 (iii)
The problem with it is the registration date is it going to be later than the period of earning.

My husband is the applicant and he is on unpaid salary manager but drawing dividend . Hence he have another salaried emploment the accountant strongly advised against PAYE.

1. the guidence make distance for dividend payments should be form day to day management . He is in day to day management . But how they decide to that, I mean how I can prove that?

2. The guidence does not setting a time about that but do you think Paye registration date will be a reason for rejection

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kindest Regards

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 am

you do Not have to pay yourself any salary or dividend. You can be one of those cases where owner of the company keeps the income within the company and it is acceptable. The downside is, you have to pay more corporation tax other than that everything is fine.
My case was kinda same as you just that i didn't pay myself any dividend as well
below are the list of documents
hope this helps
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=54260
Goodluck.