ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 applying for wife's visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leonleo
Newly Registered

Tier 2 applying for wife's visa

Post by leonleo » Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi,
I'm working here under Tier 2 and recently applied for my wife's visa as my dependant (she is in Bangladesh at the moment). Unfortunately I made a silly mistake of not checking the daily balance of my bank account (the requirement is to have £533 for each dependent everyday over 90 days) and had less than £533 for 1 day over 90 day period. So, the visa application was refused.

Now I'm planning to make a fresh application rather than an appeal as it is more time consuming.

I have a tenancy agreement untill the end of August for the flat I'm living in. My questions are,
- if I want to make the visa application in mid July do I need to show any extension of my tenancy agreement or I can use the same one as last time?
- In the refusal letter, VFS only mentioned 1 reason for refusing the visa application (i.e not having £533 evry day over 90 days). Does it ensure that my other papers are ok?

Please help. I wish i knew about this group before I applied for the first time. This is very helpful.

many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 am

1. The current one will suffice if your wife intends to arrive in UK some days / weeks before the expiry of the agreement (or at least she states that in the form to convince the ECO).

2. Not necessarily.

regards

leonleo
Newly Registered

Post by leonleo » Thu May 06, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks for the reply.