ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anybody already received Tier 1 applying on 3rd April?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panthero
Newly Registered

Has anybody already received Tier 1 applying on 3rd April?

Post by panthero » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Hello everybody, I've sent my application on 3rd April and am still waiting for an outcome. Has anybody received their results while applying on 3rd April? I know the official processing times published on UKBA but is it always the case? Many thanks.

nima
Newly Registered

Re: Has anybody already received Tier 1 applying on 3rd Apri

Post by nima » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm

panthero wrote:Hello everybody, I've sent my application on 3rd April and am still waiting for an outcome. Has anybody received their results while applying on 3rd April? I know the official processing times published on UKBA but is it always the case? Many thanks.
No I applied on 3rd as well, but waiting for reply. Let me know when you get reply pls.

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm

[quote="nima"][quote="panthero"]Hello everybody, I've sent my application on 3rd April and am still waiting for an outcome. Has anybody received their results while applying on 3rd April? I know the official processing times published on UKBA but is it always the case? Many thanks.[/quote]

No I applied on 3rd as well, but waiting for reply. Let me know when you get reply pls.[/quote]

Will do. My Ack. letter dated 15th (paid by cheque) but not sure what they consider as an application date - date it's been received or date of the Ack letter..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Application date by post
The date of postage is used as the date of application.
The date of an application made by post is decided by the postmark. The payment handling service attaches the original envelope with all postal applications. If the envelope in which the application was posted is missing, or if the postmark is illegible, the date of postage is taken as at least one day before its receipt. The day of receipt is normally the date the payment handling service processed the fee. If there is any uncertainty, you will be given the benefit of the doubt.
Application date by courier
If you send your application by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application.
The payment handling service attaches the original envelope with all postal applications. The payment handling service includes the date of delivery for all applications by courier.
Application in person
If you apply in person, the date that you apply is the date you go to the public enquiry office. Find out more about applying in person at a public enquiry office including what to do before you arrive, the cost and what will happen on the day.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:04 pm

[quote="aruni4470"]Application date by post
[b]The date of postage is used as the date of application.[/b]
The date of an application made by post is decided by the postmark. The payment handling service attaches the original envelope with all postal applications. If the envelope in which the application was posted is missing, or if the postmark is illegible, the date of postage is taken as at least one day before its receipt. The day of receipt is normally the date the payment handling service processed the fee. If there is any uncertainty, you will be given the benefit of the doubt.
[b]If you send your application by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application.[/b]
The payment handling service attaches the original envelope with all postal applications. The payment handling service includes the date of delivery for all applications by courier.
Application in person
[b]If you apply in person, the date that you apply is the date you go to the public enquiry office.[/b] Find out more about applying in person at a public enquiry office including what to do before you arrive, the cost and what will happen on the day.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/[/quote]

Thanks aruni; i was a bit careless with phrasing - i meant when UKBA say 'we are currently considering application which were received on or before...' do they mean the date they received it, e.g. delivery date or the date the payment gone through, e.g. date of Ack. letter? In my case it has been received on 7th but the Ack. letter dated 15th. How accurate are UKBA posts re waiting times? Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm

panthero wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Application date by post
If you send your application by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application.
Application in person
If you apply in person, the date that you apply is the date you go to the public enquiry office. Find out more about applying in person at a public enquiry office including what to do before you arrive, the cost and what will happen on the day.

Thanks aruni; i was a bit careless with phrasing - i meant when UKBA say 'we are currently considering application which were received on or before...' do they mean the date they received it, e.g. delivery date or the date the payment gone through, e.g. date of Ack. letter? In my case it has been received on 7th but the Ack. letter dated 15th. How accurate are UKBA posts re waiting times? Thanks
If your case is straight forward then you can expect to receive your documents pretty much at the time what UKBA posts. If any complication like a combination of employed and self-employed income then it can take more time.

nima
Newly Registered

Post by nima » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Will do. My Ack. letter dated 15th (paid by cheque) but not sure what they consider as an application date - date it's been received or date of the Ack letter..[/quote]

I did SD and ack letter dated 8th April. Probably bit earlier as postal orders was the payment method.

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 am

[quote="nima"]Will do. My Ack. letter dated 15th (paid by cheque) but not sure what they consider as an application date - date it's been received or date of the Ack letter..[/quote]

I did SD and ack letter dated 8th April. Probably bit earlier as postal orders was the payment method.[/quote]

If UKBA timeline is accurate, your application is likely to be considered next week and mine - the week after, but looking at other posts I think UKBA keep it on a safe side in terms of timing as many ppl have received their docs earlier than the timeline suggested. For me timing is important as in case of refusal I would have to use the 2nd option - Tier 2 extension and the current Tier 2 finishes in 2 weeks.

demur123

Post by demur123 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I have had 4 jobs including self employment. its been 54 days and still waiting for the outcome...

drdheer
United Kingdom

Post by drdheer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:41 am

aruni4470 wrote:
panthero wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Application date by post
Application in person

If your case is straight forward then you can expect to receive your documents pretty much at the time what UKBA posts. If any complication like a combination of employed and self-employed income then it can take more time.

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Wed May 05, 2010 10:57 am

[quote="drdheer"][quote="aruni4470"][quote="panthero"][quote="aruni4470"]Application date by post
[b]The date of postage is used as the date of application.[/b]
[b]If you send your application by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application.[/b]
Application in person
[b]If you apply in person, the date that you apply is the date you go to the public enquiry office.[/b] Find out more about applying in person at a public enquiry office including what to do before you arrive, the cost and what will happen on the day.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/[/quote]

Thanks aruni; i was a bit careless with phrasing - i meant when UKBA say 'we are currently considering application which were received on or before...' do they mean the date they received it, e.g. delivery date or the date the payment gone through, e.g. date of Ack. letter? In my case it has been received on 7th but the Ack. letter dated 15th. How accurate are UKBA posts re waiting times? Thanks[/quote]

If your case is straight forward then you can expect to receive your documents pretty much at the time what UKBA posts. If any complication like a combination of employed and self-employed income then it can take more time.[/quote][/quote]

Looks like those applying on 3rd are getting their documents back now... I am still waiting though

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Wed May 05, 2010 11:04 am

I applied on 1st April, but still received no result. Hope for the best despite the obvious delay. I only used UK salary and UK degree, therefore thought my case was straight forward. I really don't know what the HO is doing with my case. Fingers crossed.

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Wed May 05, 2010 12:09 pm

[quote="Vitavi"]I applied on 1st April, but still received no result. Hope for the best despite the obvious delay. I only used UK salary and UK degree, therefore thought my case was straight forward. I really don't know what the HO is doing with my case. Fingers crossed.[/quote]

Best of luck! My ack letter dated 15th so according to UKBA timeline they should look into my case this week but then who knows? UK salary and UK degree too...

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Wed May 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks, good luck to you too. I don't know whether my solicitor received the asknowledgement letter or not, but i know that my postal orders were encashed on 8th April. Since then no news from the HO.

My solicitor says all the documents were prepared up to a standard, so if there is a delay, it could be due to my previous immigration history. I had a refusal in the past because of the insufficiency of maintenance funds, went through the appeal and finally got my psw visa last year. All this info was disclosed in my applicaion, but it seems the HO is doing some extra checks at the moment. Anyway, i hope for the best.

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 pm

[quote="Vitavi"]Thanks, good luck to you too. I don't know whether my solicitor received the asknowledgement letter or not, but i know that my postal orders were encashed on 8th April. Since then no news from the HO.

My solicitor says all the documents were prepared up to a standard, so if there is a delay, it could be due to my previous immigration history. I had a refusal in the past because of the insufficiency of maintenance funds, went through the appeal and finally got my psw visa last year. All this info was disclosed in my applicaion, but it seems the HO is doing some extra checks at the moment. Anyway, i hope for the best.[/quote]

Can you explore on your appeal re maintenance funds please? I am in a similar situation now as I have 1 day below £800 due to delayed payment from my employer. Also was hoping to use appeal if refused...

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Why did you submit your application if you knew you were £1 short on your maintenance? This is a definite 100% refusal. Sorry to say that, but i was short only by £32 for 2 days, and got refused. At the hearing i showed an additonal saving bank statement which covered for the difference. My appeal was allowed, but the whole process took 7 month before i got the visa. It was a really long time.

If you have an additional bank statement where there is at least £1 in credit, send it off to the HO asap with a change in circumstances form. Otherwise, you can show it at the appeal, but it will take some time before you get your visa. So, hurry up.

panthero
Newly Registered

Post by panthero » Wed May 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Got my papers back today - positive!

Was worried because of one day below £800 but was lucky - employer's letter explaining delayed payment together with home accounts saved me.

Good luck everyone!

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 am

demur123 wrote:I have had 4 jobs including self employment. its been 54 days and still waiting for the outcome...
I had 3 different income streams so I don't expect a reply anytime soon.I applied on the 19th of March.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart