ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant VISA Doubt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raj_Rajesh
Newly Registered

Dependant VISA Doubt

Post by Raj_Rajesh » Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi All,

I have HSMP tier 1 VISA valid till 2012 but I've completed my 5 years tenure in UK so I can apply for my ILR now. ( Before HSMP I was in WP's)

I have married an indian citizen whose having a HSMP valid till 2013.

My plan is before I apply for my ILR I wanted to convert my wife VISA status to my dependant and then both apply for ILR together.

I have couple of queries in regarding to this,

1. I am a self employed in UK for 4 years now and wanted to know the documents list to apply for my wife dependant visa ( Planning to send my wife to India)

2. Is there by any chance Home office come back and refuse the depedant VISA because she is already having the valid HSMP valid more than 2 years?

3. What would be the turn around time period if my wife goes to india and get the depedant visa and come back?

I would really appreciate if someone can answers my queries.

Cheers
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

There's either HSMP or Tier 1. Nothing called "HSMP Tier 1".

When did you switch from WP to HSMP/Tier 1? The date would determine whether or not your wife will be eligible for ILR at the same time as you, so let us know.

1. Answer depends on your response to query above.
2. No.
3. Anywhere between 1 week to 8+ weeks (or even more).

regards

amtbhatnagar

Post by amtbhatnagar » Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Hello
excellent forum for discussion .
I am applying for my wife dependent visa next month
few queries is any one can spare time.
A) my company moved me on UK pay roll and I moved to uk on 1st April 2010 I have deposited 1600 pound for wife dependent visa and 3 months will be complete by June . 1600 is fine or any thing else is req?

b) do we need to show 6 months bank statement or salary slip for my salary as I am maintaining fund in another acc if i show two account statement office will be confused can i show my salary slip ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 pm

amtbhatnagar wrote:Hello
excellent forum for discussion .
I am applying for my wife dependent visa next month
few queries is any one can spare time.
A) my company moved me on UK pay roll and I moved to uk on 1st April 2010 I have deposited 1600 pound for wife dependent visa and 3 months will be complete by June . 1600 is fine or any thing else is req?

b) do we need to show 6 months bank statement or salary slip for my salary as I am maintaining fund in another acc if i show two account statement office will be confused can i show my salary slip ?
Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic. And, as advised earlier, please do not hijack an on-going discussion.

regards

Raj_Rajesh
Newly Registered

Post by Raj_Rajesh » Wed May 05, 2010 12:56 pm

sushdmehta wrote:There's either HSMP or Tier 1. Nothing called "HSMP Tier 1".

When did you switch from WP to HSMP/Tier 1? The date would determine whether or not your wife will be eligible for ILR at the same time as you, so let us know.

1. Answer depends on your response to query above.
2. No.
3. Anywhere between 1 week to 8+ weeks (or even more).

regards
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for written some confusing words.

Currently I have HSMP (extended one) valid till april 2012. I was switched from WP to HSMP by April 2007 and extended the HSMP by Apr 2009.

I came down to UK by Jun 2005 so eligeble for ILR by this month.

Thanks for clearing me the two queries and really appreciate if I get the first one too.

Cheers
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Raj_Rajesh wrote: Currently I have HSMP (extended one) valid till april 2012. I was switched from WP to HSMP by April 2007 and extended the HSMP by Apr 2009.

Assuming that you applied from HSMP approval post Nov-06 changes, your spouse will need to complete 2 years in UK as your dependent before she becomes eligible for ILR (or whatever it will be termed post "earned citizenship" changes).

To apply for EC as a dependent, she will need to use VAF10 form. Read the Tier 1 (General) dependent policy guidance for information on documentary evidence(s) required. Also, search the forum for information already available regarding document checklist for Tier 1 dependent EC applications.

regards

Raj_Rajesh
Newly Registered

Post by Raj_Rajesh » Thu May 06, 2010 12:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Raj_Rajesh wrote: Currently I have HSMP (extended one) valid till april 2012. I was switched from WP to HSMP by April 2007 and extended the HSMP by Apr 2009.

Assuming that you applied from HSMP approval post Nov-06 changes, your spouse will need to complete 2 years in UK as your dependent before she becomes eligible for ILR (or whatever it will be termed post "earned citizenship" changes).

To apply for EC as a dependent, she will need to use VAF10 form. Read the Tier 1 (General) dependent policy guidance for information on documentary evidence(s) required. Also, search the forum for information already available regarding document checklist for Tier 1 dependent EC applications.

regards
--------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your replies.

Though I already explained that I am a self empoyed (IT contractor) in UK so would be good the documentation lists & Covering letter formats specifically to this nature of work ( I did the search but tunnel of views).

Cheers
Raj