ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Benefits of Having a Business in the US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wiz44
Newly Registered

The Benefits of Having a Business in the US

Post by wiz44 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:45 am

I understand there are special considerations in US laws for non-US persons (who have businesses that can benefit the US) to immigrate to the US, or have a million dollars to invest.

I live in the Caribbean, but I am considering setting up an LLC in the US for my Internet companies. Will this consideration improve my odds of personally locating to the US? I don't have a million dollars right now, but my proposed US company, once Incorporated, will be taxed like a US entity!

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: The Benefits of Having a Business in the US

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:44 am

wiz44 wrote:I understand there are special considerations in US laws for non-US persons (who have businesses that can benefit the US) to immigrate to the US, or have a million dollars to invest.

I live in the Caribbean, but I am considering setting up an LLC in the US for my Internet companies. Will this consideration improve my odds of personally locating to the US? I don't have a million dollars right now, but my proposed US company, once Incorporated, will be taxed like a US entity!
I don't know what you mean by "special considerations", but there are visas for people who want to move to the US by investing there. Look up E5, E2 and the L visas.

saunderscolin15
Newly Registered

Re:The Benefits of Having a Business in the US

Post by saunderscolin15 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:14 pm

If you plan to invest more than million $ here, you are sure to get a Green Card. But you need to show lot of proofs for that. If at all you have enough resources, you have all the chance in the world to relocate here. Also, you will have to pay the taxes regularly according to the tax law of whichever state you decide to make your home.