ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for English Language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sawnin
Newly Registered

Points for English Language

Post by sawnin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 am

Hi,

I have Degree certificate in English and my University (University of Mumbai) is in the list of recognised list of Universities mentioned at UK BA site. Do I still need a letter from my college that all the subjects were taught in English.

irshad2005
Newly Registered

Post by irshad2005 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am

hey buddy,

u from mumbai ?
i am also from mumbai....
PM me if we can contact and help out each other in preparing the application for UK.
I am planning to apply by next week or next to next week.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Points for English Language

Post by adityak77 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 am

sawnin wrote:Hi,

I have Degree certificate in English and my University (University of Mumbai) is in the list of recognised list of Universities mentioned at UK BA site. Do I still need a letter from my college that all the subjects were taught in English.
Just get a letter from Univ Of Mum mentioning that the course you took was taught in English language.

This is required.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 am

adityak77 wrote:

Just get a letter from Univ Of Mum mentioning that the course you took was taught in English language.

This is required.
Not necessary.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:55 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

This is required.
Not necessary.
I believe all University Of Mumbai original degree certificates are written in Marathi and English language.
Will it create a problem if the letter of English Language is not submitted along with this degree certificate?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 1:14 pm

adityak77 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

This is required.
Not necessary.
I believe all University Of Mumbai original degree certificates are written in Marathi and English language.
Will it create a problem if the letter of English Language is not submitted along with this degree certificate?
Read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* to understand the requirement(s) for English language proficiency.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:51 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
adityak77 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

This is required.
Not necessary.
Read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* to understand the requirement(s) for English language proficiency.
Correct.
To be on the safer side its better to get the letter from the University Of Mumbai

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm

adityak77 wrote: Correct.
To be on the safer side its better to get the letter from the University Of Mumbai
Suggest that you read the Tier 1 policy guidance and understand the requirements clearly before you respond to queries and offer (incorrect) suggestions.

Read this.

regards