ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bonus payments+employer letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

merci

bonus payments+employer letter

Post by merci » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Approx. at every three months my employer paid to me bonus,

example
bonus+salary =net payment

no indication about that in my salary slip. Just plain ordinary pay slip

Do you think in my letter emloyer it should be explained
If it is how?

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 am

Sorry for saying so but, going by your recent posts, your employer seems to be a real dodgy one!

1. Pays bonus but doesn't declare it on employee salary slip (tax evasion).
2. Pays weekly but issues monthly salary slips.

IMHO, it is going to be very difficult for you to provide two independent evidences of earnings that have payment entries that mirror (match) each other! e.g. - if bonus has been paid, it will reflect in bank statements but it is not declared on payslips. And because this payment is not declared on the payslip, there is no way that this payment will be included in the P60 figures.

IMHO, you need to have a serious discussion with your employer. You need to have genuine and valid paperwork to use as documentary evidence to extend your stay in UK and you've already had one application refused. You cannot afford to be manipulated like this!

regards

merci

Post by merci » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 am

I totally aggree with you.

In my recent (last year) P60 it was appearing (gross salaries+gross bonus payments = yearly earnings) . But no explanations in the salary slips.I think they are treating and paying tax as salary. Do you think its wrong.

In that case what kind of explanation should include the employer letter.

I really in big trouble about the format of the letter. really need your guru's help. This forum helped me a lot in the past, I hope this time i will get over this diffuculties with your help again.

merci

Post by merci » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm

sush

in my last year P60 the paid bonus+tax has been included

I think they are treating it like salaryand paying tax . How I should explain this peak in employer letter. Eventhough they paying tax do you think there is any tax evasion

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:23 pm

merci wrote:sush

in my last year P60 the paid bonus+tax has been included
Then the tax would have been paid. But it is strange why bonus has not been included in the payslip then!

Anyhow, what is key for you is to submit two evidences where the payment figures are an exact match of each other (give or take a few pounds, which I think is acceptable).

Option 1:
Bank statements showing weekly credits.
Weekly salary slips.
Note: Bank statements will reflect bonus payments, so salary slips must include bonus payments (and any other such payment(s) reflecting in bank statements).

Option 2:
Monthly (or weekly) salary slips.
P60
Note: Gross, tax and net salary figures in payslips should match the gross, tax and net payments declared in P60.

Option 3:
Banks statements showing weekly salary credits.
P60
Note: Net payments declared in P60 should match the sum total of weekly payouts as reflected in bank statements.

Also:
1. Option2 and Option3 can only be used when claiming income points for Apr-Mar period.
2. In Option1, you can replace weekly payslips with an employer letter clearly mentioning the gross salary, tax deducted and net salary for each weekly payment.
3. In Option2, you may replace monthly (or weekly) payslips with an employer letter clearly mentioning the gross salary, tax deducted and net salary for each monthly (or weekly) payment.

regards

merci

Post by merci » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:18 am

I will go with option three+employment letter

shal the employer letter indicate explanation about bonus payments
and the fact that they are paying weekly but issuing salary slips monthly

Regards
Merci

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 am

Don't complicate matters by submitting additional documents that are unnecessary and might confuse the caseworker.

If you have to explain things to the caseworker that means your case is complicated which in turn means that caseworker will look for minute discrepancies and thereby reduce your chances of success. Keep it plain and simple.

What all information must be included in the various documents is already explained in my response above.

All the best.

regards

merci

Post by merci » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

I digged a bit more and it turned out
The company started the fiscal year from the 02.04.2009 where is should be started from
05.04.2009 according HM Revenues's ananouncement.

Until the end of the year I can't know how they are going to fix this or their solution is going to fit for me

Here we go again

They are calling the weekly payments as advance payments

I wonder about
Strictly without changing any amount, date , ref ot informations on the salary slips
can we just add in the below format

dd/mm/yy £ amount exp.advance payment+comm
dd/mm/yy £ amount exp.advance payment

replace the old salary slips with the new ones.

Do you think this is possible and caseworker would process that

merci

Post by merci » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:57 am

Hi sush
what about my above entry?

Regards

merci

Post by merci » Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Dear everybody who helped me,

Today the company accepted to give a letter in the format of

'.............................................details of employee and working period.................

His salary is being paid on weekly basis, as salary or salary plus bonus combination . His total gross and net earnings from.................. to.........
as below . The breakdown details of the payments are as below........

total gross payment
total net payment

payment date net amount gross amount (for 52 weeks)

Thanks to your time and entries.

Just one more question about that

the salary plus bonus payments made under one transaction. It is not detailed as bonus and salary in pay slips but the paye and NI is been paid over the amount of the total transaction. Do you think I need to write down the details of or just as above a simple explanation of

' the payments made as salary or salary plus bonus ' is good enough

I will use as evidence the

employer letter and bank statement option

Kindest Regards
Merci