ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings help.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freebird2000
Newly Registered

Previous earnings help.

Post by freebird2000 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi all,

Thank you in advance for reading this post.

I am working on my Tier 1 (highly skilled) application for a work visa in the UK. I work freelance in the entertainment industry. Everything checks out fine on the points based system except that I am very close in terms of previous earnings.

Based on my other qualifications, I need to show earnings of 65000 pounds or above over 12 of last 15 months (March 1, 2009-2010). All of the paperwork/evidence that I have in good/clear standing adds up to 64944 pounds! So it's 56 pounds short!

However, I have some additional money that I deposited during March of 2009. It shows up on my bank statements and everything. BUT, the check was DATED 12/15/2008. I just didn't deposit it until March of 2009. It's an additional 2000 pounds that would obviously push me over the top.

My question is what date do they consider when looking at previous earnings? The date the check was cut by the employer or the date that it was deposited into my account?

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jason :?

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Thu May 06, 2010 4:25 am

i think if ur cheque is issued within the period u r claiming then there shud not be a problem. But if it is out of date (mean more than 15 months) then HO may ask u.
Seniors plz comment.............
Regards

freebird2000
Newly Registered

Post by freebird2000 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:46 am

Thank you ursbunti

For your clairification and for others, basically when looking at my previous earnings as a contractor, I have several applicable dates:

-Date on the invoice I sent to client (e.g. March 1, 2009)
-Date on check I received from client (e.g. March 14, 2009)
-Date check deposited into my bank (as shown on statement) (e.g. May 2, 2009)

Put simply, which date do I use when considering the earnings period?

Thank you all!

Jason