ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eea family member status after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muzamal
Newly Registered

non eea family member status after divorce

Post by muzamal » Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 am

hello
i am married to eea national over three years and have got resistance card for five years since two years which expires in 2013 but now i want to divorce my wife because she has a boyfriend.
i want to know that what if i divorce my wife what will happen to my visa?
1. can i retain my right? will they change the visa or what will happen to my visa?
2. if i retain the same visa, what visa i will apply after this visa expires and what will be the requirements for that visa?
3. since i have this visa i have been working but not throught there are some gaps in my employment and my wife is in self employed throughtout , will the gaps in my employment effect in the retaintion of my rights or will it has effect on my visa application after 5 years visa expires?
[/b]

abdallah
Newly Registered

attention

Post by abdallah » Thu May 06, 2010 12:08 pm

first thing when you divore after 3years ,you must keep all proof addres and all pays slips and p60 of your wife at past 3years
and keep any paper show in he'sname and yours name ok any thing and you can apply for permanent residence ,

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu May 06, 2010 4:40 pm

What is 'Resistance' card ??

As for the retention of your visa status, you will have to prove that your wife was exercising her treaty rights non stop during the last three years which I guess becomes a bit difficult in case of self-employed. ( this is none of my own experience/knowledge, just what I have learnt from this forum ).

No need to worry though, you should search through this forum, there are dozens of non-EEAs married to EEAs whose love life fell apart as soon as they reached the point where they could retain their visa status. You should be able to get the answers to all your questions.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

muzamal
Newly Registered

Post by muzamal » Fri May 07, 2010 4:32 pm

hi
thanx for your reply.
my wife is self employed and i want to know that if she refuses to give me the self employment document and then can i retain the rights of residance or not.
because how can anyone get anything after divorce or she can blackmale on this issue.
can anyone help on that...plz