ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application and benefits - correctd

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joh
Newly Registered

British citizenship application and benefits - correctd

Post by joh » Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 pm

i have applied for citizenship through ncs on may 4th. however i have resigned my job (april 14th) and i am not going to access benefits. will it affect my citizenship application. however i was in notice period for 4 weeks time ended 14th may.
joh
Last edited by joh on Tue May 18, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krimith

Re: British citizenship application and benefits

Post by krimith » Wed May 05, 2010 8:05 pm

joh wrote:i have applied for citizenship through ncs on may 4th. however i have resigned my job today (5TH MAY) and i am going to access benefits. will it affect my citizenship application. however i will be in notice period for another two weeks time.
joh
no its not affect your application but how they check your good character depend on them otherwise my solicitor told me its not necessary you have to work when u apply bc but if u work so good but not so no problem as well as you fulfill all other requirement

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu May 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Can the experts please point out if OP has to inform UKBA that he is now not woking with those employers. Because it says that the applicant should inform them asap if any information on the application form changes.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 2:16 pm

joh wrote:i have resigned my job today (5TH MAY) and i am going to access benefits.
:shock:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Ben wrote:
joh wrote:i have resigned my job today (5TH MAY) and i am going to access benefits.
:shock:
You won't get benefits if you've resigned! Not for a fair while anyway! The system is those on their arses, not those in a job who jack it in!

Have you thought about the ramifications of doing this?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu May 06, 2010 2:30 pm

mrlookforward wrote:Can the experts please point out if OP has to inform UKBA that he is now not woking with those employers. Because it says that the applicant should inform them asap if any information on the application form changes.
what mean op please clarify

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 2:38 pm

krimith wrote:what mean op please clarify
Original Post(er).
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu May 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Ben wrote:
krimith wrote:what mean op please clarify
Original Post(er).
yes, he can do it straightaway if he/she realize now no more working in future but original post person said h/she give two week time then leave the job so in that case not a problem

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

When you actually apply for benefits, you need to give your last employer's details and explain why your job was lost.

It is very unlikely you can claim benefit just because you resigned! Unless you were made redundant or so you cannot get benefit.

Although ILR holders can claim all benefits as of British nationals, self-inflicting joblessness is not usually covered.

joh
Newly Registered

rephrashed

Post by joh » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm

have applied for citizenship through ncs on may 4th. however i have resigned my job (april 14th) and i am not going to access benefits. will it affect my citizenship application. however i was in notice period for 4 weeks time ended 14th may.
joh

joh
Newly Registered

hi

Post by joh » Wed May 19, 2010 8:47 pm

any body can you please answer my questions should i inform home office that i am not working.
thanks

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by raymasa2 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:53 pm

joh wrote:any body can you please answer my questions should i inform home office that i am not working.
thanks
When you completed your application, you probably signed the declaration (section 6.1) including:

"I promise to inform the Home Secretary in writing of any change in circumstances which may affect the accuracy of the information given whilst this application is being considered by the Home Office."

From this, I would suggest that you should tell the Home Office of the change in circumstances.

Ray