ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

London_fairyprincess
Newly Registered

Council Tax

Post by London_fairyprincess » Thu May 06, 2010 10:55 pm

I have a query about Council Tax in the good character requirement.
My partner and I live with a family friend who owns the house we live in. The council tax is paid by her, and though I know she pays the full rate (does not claim single persons discount) I am not sure if she has listed us as living here.

I am a bit naive about this but I have not been the bill payer of Council tax in many many years, I have always lived with someone who took care of it.

Will the HO look to see if my name is on council tax info or are they looking to see whether the addresses I have lived at are up to date in council tax (which they are).

krimith

Re: Council Tax

Post by krimith » Thu May 06, 2010 11:34 pm

London_fairyprincess wrote:I have a query about Council Tax in the good character requirement.
My partner and I live with a family friend who owns the house we live in. The council tax is paid by her, and though I know she pays the full rate (does not claim single persons discount) I am not sure if she has listed us as living here.

I am a bit naive about this but I have not been the bill payer of Council tax in many many years, I have always lived with someone who took care of it.

Will the HO look to see if my name is on council tax info or are they looking to see whether the addresses I have lived at are up to date in council tax (which they are).
NO THEY JUST CHECK HOW LONG YOU BEEN LIVE THERE NO NEED NAME IN COUNCIL IN THAT CASE YOU HAVE TO WRITE ALL ADDRESS IN PAST AND PRESENT THATS IT

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Fri May 07, 2010 11:27 am

I imagine they may use Council Tax bills as evidence of meeting the residential qualifying period (if you were struggling to prove you were living in the UK), but I doubt they would consider them for the purposes of assessing good character.

There are many instances in which a prospective citizen would not have bills in there name.