ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank official's contact refused tobe shared for verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shobitha
Newly Registered

Bank official's contact refused tobe shared for verification

Post by shobitha » Fri May 07, 2010 4:59 am

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 visa in next few days from outside India. I am holding an account in UK Citibank. The Citibank UK has accepted to support me with a reference letter for fund maintenence but customer support officials are not ready to share any contact details of the bank official who is going to sign the reference letter.

I explained them that it is required for the purpose of verification but what customer support officials are saying is Citibank will not reveal its customer details to a third party.

Customer support Officials said they can co-operate for verification only if am present in all the calls along with the visa caseworker during the calls made by caseworker for purpose of verification. But this sounds illogical..

Seniors Plz let me know your comments and advise.

Does anyone had similar kind of a situation? If yes please can you share your experiance. How did you handle this situation. Is it mandatory to mention the Bank contact details in the application form (PBS appendix 1) and cover letter?

Regards,
Shobitha

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri May 07, 2010 11:04 am

You should not have any issues in regards to verification as they will speak to your bank directly and confirm the transaction details. Banks are obliged to provide the required information to home office if and when required.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Bank official's contact refused tobe shared for verifica

Post by aliq09 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:15 am

shobitha wrote:Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 visa in next few days from outside India. I am holding an account in UK Citibank. The Citibank UK has accepted to support me with a reference letter for fund maintenence but customer support officials are not ready to share any contact details of the bank official who is going to sign the reference letter.

I explained them that it is required for the purpose of verification but what customer support officials are saying is Citibank will not reveal its customer details to a third party.

Customer support Officials said they can co-operate for verification only if am present in all the calls along with the visa caseworker during the calls made by caseworker for purpose of verification. But this sounds illogical..

Seniors Plz let me know your comments and advise.

Does anyone had similar kind of a situation? If yes please can you share your experiance. How did you handle this situation. Is it mandatory to mention the Bank contact details in the application form (PBS appendix 1) and cover letter?

Regards,
Shobitha

Hi ,

Just relax and sit ! ... they will do it by there own ... You are correct than no problem
Thanks

Ali