ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivering the ICFN

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

temo
Newly Registered

Delivering the ICFN

Post by temo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for T2 as I'm changing employer, the earliest I can book for an appointment was on 21/05/2010 at Croydon office for the premium services.

I need to travel outside the country on the 26/05/2010 as I feel like I'm going to die if I don't take a break before I start my new job.

I realised today that I don't receive the ICFN cards on the same day and that I need to wait until I receive the ICFN which might take up to 5 working days and some resources say 10 working days!!

1- I would be grateful if someone advise what are the accurate timelines of the ICFN deliver?
2- Can I specify alternative address for delivery abroad? or can I ask for them to be delivered at my employer/friend address so they post them to be abroad by courier?
3- For those applied recently on the premium service, please advise on your experience receiving the ICfN cards, when did you receive them and how?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
T

temo
Newly Registered

Post by temo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 am

I just came across this guidance web page on UKBA website in regard to this topic
"You will be sent an Identity card by post within 5 working days of your appointment. Identity cards cannot be issued on the day of your appointment. If you need to travel before your Identity card can be issued you will need to apply for a visa outside the United Kingdom before making your return journey."

- What is the application form I need to fill to apply for entry clearance, what are the fees and the processing time?
- As I'm on WP now with a visa valid until 2013, can I get back to the UK on that visa stamped on my passport?
- I would apreciate if you can also answer the questions in the original post.

Thanks & Regards,
T

djzack

Post by djzack » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Please have a look at the UKBA website for complete details, it's not easy as it sounds, and you will need to know all that you can to extend this visa smoothly. I am not saying it's impossible, but making the slightest error can end with a refusal and the rest you can imagine.

1- I would be grateful if someone advise what are the accurate timelines of the ICFN deliver? - Timelines can vary depending on each case. It can take anything between 4-14weeks to get an answer.

2- Can I specify alternative address for delivery abroad? or can I ask for them to be delivered at my employer/friend address so they post them to be abroad by courier? - if you're making an application from within UK, then your address should be from the UK itself, if you wish to travel abroad before your visa expires/becomes invalid as you cease employment, then you will need to return to your home country ASAP and if re-apply for a new one from there.

3- For those applied recently on the premium service, please advise on your experience receiving the ICfN cards, when did you receive them and how? - The ICFN card would follow from your appointment, on the day they will take your fingerprints and photograph and then you will receive the card with the same photo and a chip at a later date. The ID card is more or less like a chip & pin bank card. With the new applications, you don't get a visa stamped/sticker on your passport, it's just this card.

I would strongly recommend you to read through the new application procedures, application forms, and guidance notes available on the UKBA website. They would certainly make things more clear.

temo
Newly Registered

Post by temo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks djzack,
Timelines can vary depending on each case. It can take anything between 4-14weeks to get an answer.
I am applying in person so I'm quite sure the timelines you provided does not apply to PEO application.
Decision is normally given on the same day. my question is about the delivery of ICFN cards. can they be delivered to alternative address? (e.g. correspondent address)
as I need to travel soon afterwards and my concern is I don't receive the ICFN cards.

summary:
- I'm applying from UK.
- I'm applying in person (i.e. Premium service)
- decision is taken on the same day (normally)
- ICFN Cards delivered in 5 working days afterwards (dependant application states that I will need to call them if I don't receive it in 10 days.
- I need (Must) to travel outside the UK after maximum 3 days of my appointment date to attend my best friend wedding (I am the best man and not showing up is not an option)
- I'm concerned I won't receive the ICFN cards before my travel date and then I'll have a problem coming back to the UK

Update:
- I called HO and they said under compasionate circumstances alternatives might be considered when it comes to delivery.
- I called my new employer Immigration and mobility team, who said the ICFN cards can be delivered to alternative address (my employer) and they can arrange them to be couriered abroad to me.

I called HO in more than one occasion and their advise was different from my employers immigration advisers advice. whose advise should I follow?

Questions:
- Can the ICFN cards be delivered to alternative address (e.g. correspondent address) in case of PEO application (i.e. premium services application)?
- anyone had similar experience who can share it, I would be so very thankful.

Regards,
T[/quote]

michaelharris
Newly Registered

Post by michaelharris » Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 am

Hi guys,

You know what.....last month i got married with my spouse and both of we had decided same design for wedding invitation card and found from beach themed wedding thank you cards,it was really amazing for us.

Thanks

Regards
Michael Harris