ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apostille(Legalisation) for Belgium residency visa from US

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

galileo
Newly Registered

Apostille(Legalisation) for Belgium residency visa from US

Post by galileo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi There,,

We are US citizens moving to Belgium for work. Our work permit is already in process. After we get the WP we need to apply for the residency visa.

Does anyone knows if the Birth certificate needs to be apostilled for both spouse and applicant or only for spouse.

The Belgium website says its needed for spouse only but just wanted to confirm, if anyone else went through the process before or has first hand info about it.

Regards

ejw4h9

Post by ejw4h9 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Galileo-

I'm not sure whether it must be done or not, but go ahead and do it. I had every American document stamped with an Apostille for a "just in case" scenario. I'm not sure which state you live in and each state has a different office that handles it, but from my state there was an office that, among other things, stamped Apostilles. It was about $3.00/document and I was able to wait while they completed them. I had my birth certificate, proof of not being married (can't remember the name of that one), clean criminal record, etc. all done and it was well worth it.

Make sure that you look over the documents when they hand them over...I was walking to my car when I realized that they had stapled the Apostille to a wrong document, so they had to re-do. I'm sure I saved myself several headaches catching it then instead of Europe.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri May 07, 2010 12:01 pm

I agree, its better to be prepared by getting both certificated legalised. An apostille stamp is internationally recognised by all embassies.

dava43
Newly Registered

Post by dava43 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Here is free information about Apostille Beligum:

http://apostillecentral.com/belgium.html
Pasha wrote:I agree, its better to be prepared by getting both certificated legalised. An apostille stamp is internationally recognised by all embassies.