ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very complicated PSw issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joxiri

Very complicated PSw issue

Post by joxiri » Fri May 07, 2010 10:04 pm

after an unsuccessful appeal i have returned to my country to make a new application however here are the problems i have
it will be a year since i graduated on the 17th of july
i would have had funds in my account for a 3 month period on the 8th of july which leaves very little time to apply as the deadline is the 17th of july
and then I am using Uk bank statements as i am not in the uk can i get this statement in time before makiing my application for d deadline of the 17th and even if i could print them out electronicaly they wnt be stamped and i ve read where an applicant was rejected because last statement was electronic statement not printed out
if i got my sister to take the print out to the bank in uk could she get it stamped
or do i write a covering letter explaining all these to the embassy
petterbond and arsenal I would please be very grateful with any advice rendered likewise to other members as well

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Fulfil the requirements as specified in the policy guidance, else the application will be rejected.

UKBA / embassy is not responsible that you hold funds in UK banks while living outside UK and thus unable to provide original bank statements in time.

regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:52 am

Looking at the time frame.. I dont think the original bank statements will get to you from the UK in time if the bank is sending them to you. You better write an authorization letter, so that your sister could get the electronic statements of your bank account.. sign and seal it and express deliver them to you. Alternatively, I believe that you could just make it if you get the electronic statements delivered to your sister's home in the UK and she express couriers them to you. You have no room for error in both these cases and I suggest you try both these options at the same time and see what works best for you..

Kind regards..

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Sat May 08, 2010 8:25 pm

If my sister gets a print out of the internet will the bank be able to stamp it
And how do I write this authorization letter
Will the bank accept it

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:38 am

yes, the bank should be able to authorize it. Writing an authorization letter is very simple. Just like any other formal letter you write.
To,
The immigration officer
XXXX (address )
XXX
Subject: Authorization letter
Dear sir,

XXXX (contents of letter.. something like "I am writing this letter... since i am not in the UK... Please sign and seal the documents.. sister would be coming on my behalf...". Fill in the gaps and write it properly)

Kind regards,
XXX