ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

L.A. consulate - Settlement (fiance) - waiting time?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BeccaC
Newly Registered

L.A. consulate - Settlement (fiance) - waiting time?

Post by BeccaC » Fri May 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi everyone.

A quick query about waiting times..

The UKBA website claims that settlement visas from the Los Angeles consulate take:
2 days: 43% 3 days: 46% 5 days:59% 10 days:81% etc..

is this actually true?
Should I be concerned that my application has so far taken 3 weeks to be processed?

My fiance has to move out of his apartment in the next 2 weeks so I am starting to get a little bit worried. How long do people usually wait when applying from the USA?

Thanks very much! :)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: L.A. consulate - Settlement (fiance) - waiting time?

Post by ElenaW » Fri May 07, 2010 10:58 pm

BeccaC wrote:Hi everyone.

A quick query about waiting times..

The UKBA website claims that settlement visas from the Los Angeles consulate take:
2 days: 43% 3 days: 46% 5 days:59% 10 days:81% etc..

is this actually true?
Should I be concerned that my application has so far taken 3 weeks to be processed?

My fiance has to move out of his apartment in the next 2 weeks so I am starting to get a little bit worried. How long do people usually wait when applying from the USA?

Thanks very much! :)
I've known people to wait for longer than three weeks when using the LA consulate. The thing is, a lot of people use expediters so theirs gets put on top of the pile for processing. Have you thought of contacting an expeditor (pay an extra $100 or so) and have your application prioritized above the rest. That way you can get your answer back in the next 48 hours or so.
I tell it like it is.

BeccaC
Newly Registered

Re: L.A. consulate - Settlement (fiance) - waiting time?

Post by BeccaC » Sat May 08, 2010 12:01 am

ElenaW wrote:
I've known people to wait for longer than three weeks when using the LA consulate. The thing is, a lot of people use expediters so theirs gets put on top of the pile for processing. Have you thought of contacting an expeditor (pay an extra $100 or so) and have your application prioritized above the rest. That way you can get your answer back in the next 48 hours or so.
Oo! I had wished that I had used an expeditor, but hadn't thought you could use one after you had already submitted your application.

if you can use an expeditor after sending the docs that would be perfect for us.

does anyone know of any expeditors who can do this? I asked one but they said they couldn't help after I had sent the application directly.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat May 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Try allstar maybe? I would just google expeditors and then call each one of them. I'm sorry I forget their company names.
I tell it like it is.

BeccaC
Newly Registered

Post by BeccaC » Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 am

ElenaW wrote:Try allstar maybe? I would just google expeditors and then call each one of them. I'm sorry I forget their company names.

Thanks! I used them and they managed to pull my visa from the consulate yesterday. The visa was granted today!

FAST! Wish I'd thought of doin that 3 weeks ago.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 am

BeccaC wrote:
ElenaW wrote:Try allstar maybe? I would just google expeditors and then call each one of them. I'm sorry I forget their company names.

Thanks! I used them and they managed to pull my visa from the consulate yesterday. The visa was granted today!

FAST! Wish I'd thought of doin that 3 weeks ago.
That's excellent! A big congrats to you! Enjoy your new lives together :)
I tell it like it is.