ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can work permit dependant switch to Tier 1 in country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beecharmer1800bc

Can work permit dependant switch to Tier 1 in country

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Sat May 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Can a dependant of a work permit holder switch to a Tier 1 visa without leaving the country?

Also, say the applicant made the application in her home country; will she be able to use the uplift ratio for earnings claimed in her home country bearing in mind that she has been working in the UK for 2years as a WP dependant?

I have checked the HO website,but it doesn't say much about WP dependants. I do know that Tier 1 dependants CANNOT switch their status in-country so does that mean that it also applies to WP dependants?
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

Markie

Re: Can work permit dependant switch to Tier 1 in country

Post by Markie » Sat May 08, 2010 2:44 pm

had to leave UK I'm afraid...see this link
beecharmer1800bc wrote:Can a dependant of a work permit holder switch to a Tier 1 visa without leaving the country?

Also, say the applicant made the application in her home country; will she be able to use the uplift ratio for earnings claimed in her home country bearing in mind that she has been working in the UK for 2years as a WP dependant?

I have checked the HO website,but it doesn't say much about WP dependants. I do know that Tier 1 dependants CANNOT switch their status in-country so does that mean that it also applies to WP dependants?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can work permit dependant switch to Tier 1 in country

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 08, 2010 5:54 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:Also, say the applicant made the application in her home country; will she be able to use the uplift ratio for earnings claimed in her home country bearing in mind that she has been working in the UK for 2years as a WP dependant?
No. Read the policy guidance *carefully*.

Do you have leave to remain as a WP holder or as a Tier 2 migrant?

regards