ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Treaty

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnkenn

Eu Treaty

Post by Johnkenn » Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 am

Hello Guys, I am new to this site. Can somebody tell me how long it takes to get acknowlegment from Eu 1 Application. I apply via my lawyer for the past 5weeks and some days now and i have not gotten any letter yet.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sat May 08, 2010 10:17 am

they use to take only 1o days for tem stamp 4 but now they planning to give stamp 3 from 1st of june. i think that reason they hold ur eu1 application......stamp 3 which is u can not work.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 am

iluvireland wrote:they use to take only 1o days for tem stamp 4 but now they planning to give stamp 3 from 1st of june. i think that reason they hold ur eu1 application......stamp 3 which is u can not work.
OP can still work if he is entitled to under EC law. The DoJ's issuance of a Stamp 3 endorsement does not change that.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

koded

Post by koded » Sat May 08, 2010 11:46 am

yes, He can work but in practical it will not be possible for him to secure a job since most employer want to see a proof that shows you are eligible to work in Ireland.
I think this issue with DOJ need people who can really challenge them in court. That is the only time they can stop all these nosense and find a better way of checking marriage of convienence or fraud

thesmiler
Newly Registered

Post by thesmiler » Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Ben wrote:
iluvireland wrote:they use to take only 1o days for tem stamp 4 but now they planning to give stamp 3 from 1st of june. i think that reason they hold ur eu1 application......stamp 3 which is u can not work.
OP can still work if he is entitled to under EC law. The DoJ's issuance of a Stamp 3 endorsement does not change that.
But will employers accept an employee who has a Stamp 3 endorsement only? Even if it's their right it's a risk the employer is taking, right?

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat May 08, 2010 12:23 pm

thesmiler wrote:
Ben wrote:
But will employers accept an employee who has a Stamp 3 endorsement only? Even if it's their right it's a risk the employer is taking, right?
Holders of a Stamp 3 endorsement in their passports are NOT permitted to work. Full stop. There are no grey areas, loopholes or what ifs. Employers won't even consider a holder of a Stamp 3 endorsement since they are not permitted to take up employment in the State.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat May 08, 2010 12:40 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Holders of a Stamp 3 endorsement in their passports are NOT permitted to work. Full stop. There are no grey areas, loopholes or what ifs.
Permission to work in Ireland is not required by persons who have a right to work in Ireland.

Again, the issuance of Stamp 3 does not remove a person of the rights afforded to him under EC law. He is free to take up employment if he has a right to reside in Ireland under the provisions of Directive 2004/38/EC.

As stated by thesmiler, the issuance of Stamp 3 does, however, introduce a practical hurdle, in that employers may be unlikely to want to employ such a person. Hopefully the DoJ will withdraw their intention before 1st June 2010.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Sat May 08, 2010 2:40 pm

But i my application was sent before the June 1st date they said. Did i still fall under the group of STAMP 3 OR STAMP 4? Willo the stamp 3 before for six month and after that what will be next?

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat May 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Johnkenn wrote:But i my application was sent before the June 1st date they said. Did i still fall under the group of STAMP 3 OR STAMP 4? Willo the stamp 3 before for six month and after that what will be next?
Technically, no one should fall into that group. However, as Ireland is going to insist on this, you should technically fall into the first stamp 4 as your application was sent in before the change; however, I have a feeling they will put you on a stamp 3 if you receive your letter after June 1.

It's odd they are taking so long. We sent our application in and received confirmation in about 5 business days.

Good luck.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Sat May 08, 2010 2:57 pm

But even if i get stamp 3. How long will i be on stamp 3?

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat May 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Johnkenn wrote:But even if i get stamp 3. How long will i be on stamp 3?
The stamp would be fore 6 months. They are required by EU law to issue you with a decision within 6 months. I know this isn't always the case, but that's something to worry about when the time nears. Best of luck