ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flr m

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aysie

flr m

Post by aysie » Mon May 03, 2010 12:57 pm

hi there we posted my husbands flr m application on the 16th January, we received the acknowledgement letter 2 weeks later, we are currently at week 16 and still haven't received the app for biometrics, i spoke to our solicitor last week who told me it could take 4 months, i tried to ring the home office to check the progress of it and was on hold for 1hr and 25mins, and still didnt get to speak to anyone, can anyone give me any advice, is there a certain number of weeks it takes?
thanks in advance

amr-zoka
Newly Registered

flrm visa

Post by amr-zoka » Sat May 08, 2010 6:17 pm

we have the same problem weve waited for 15 weeks got a letter saying they received it but still waiting for biometrics letter dont know what else to do keep phoning and they say keep waiting

its taking forever stressing me and my wife out as im not allowed to work so only she is working you have any idea what to do? hope it works out for you good luck!

thanks

aysie

Post by aysie » Thu May 20, 2010 12:17 pm

nope i havent got a clue i have tried to ring and they never answer the phones, i have contacted my solicitor and asked him to chase it up for me, personally i think they get paid for doing nothing, i agree with you it is very stressful especially not having your passports, i had hoped to visit my family abroad during the summer but unless we hear anything soon this will be impossible, i do not understand why it is taking so long?
what have they said to you?
is it a straightforward app?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu May 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Ringing home office to ask for the status of an application is just a waste of time and money. Even if they do answwer, it would be an standard answer "your application is under consideration". I havent checked the UKBA website as to what their processing times are for flrm applications, but I think its 14 weeks.

So if its been 16 weeks or more since the application, best thing to do will be to write UKBA a simple letter giving details of the applicant, and ask them to expedite.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 20, 2010 8:10 pm

To me it sounds like time to contact the new Immigration Minister, or even the new Home Secretary!

Details of these people on :-

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/ministers11/
John