ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hello, i want to travel with my son outside UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anewsong4bol
Newly Registered

hello, i want to travel with my son outside UK

Post by anewsong4bol » Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello,
I am a student here in london and want to take my son to Nigeria for a holiday next month, I have just applied for his passport at the Nigerian House, but dont know if I'm to get a visa for him or not. And if I have to get a visa, which form do I have to fill and how do I go about it. How much is the fee to apply for him? Because I intend to bring him back after the holiday. I look forward to hearing from you.... Thanks.
Last edited by anewsong4bol on Sat May 08, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 08, 2010 8:19 pm

DV lottery?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

anewsong4bol
Newly Registered

DV VISA LOTTERY 2009

Post by anewsong4bol » Sat May 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes, its DV Lottery 2009

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: DV VISA LOTTERY 2009

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 08, 2010 8:34 pm

anewsong4bol wrote:Yes, its DV Lottery 2009
What is it?

anewsong4bol
Newly Registered

Student.....

Post by anewsong4bol » Sat May 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello,
I am a student here in london and want to take my son to Nigeria for a holiday next month, I have just applied for his passport at the Nigerian House, but dont know if I'm to get a visa for him or not. And if I have to get a visa, which form do I have to fill and how do I go about it. How much is the fee to apply for him? Because I intend to bring him back after the holiday. I look forward to hearing from you.... Thanks.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat May 08, 2010 8:42 pm

DV Lottery = US Diversity lottery.

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

wrong forum I think

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:54 am

Wanderer wrote:
What is it?
It is something where there is a lottery system for people from specific regions of the world. Those who win is provided a Green card to the US. Limited lottery seats though and high number of applicants. can try if you meet the requirement. This is the idea I have about it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 09, 2010 5:38 am

potterbond007 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
What is it?
It is something where there is a lottery system for people from specific regions of the world. Those who win is provided a Green card to the US. Limited lottery seats though and high number of applicants. can try if you meet the requirement. This is the idea I have about it. Correct me if I am wrong.
As a Brit I am not allowed to apply! USA is the last place I'd want to live anyway.....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 am

potterbond007 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
What is it?
Yep that's correct.

I just had a conversation with someone from the US who managed to connect Lady Gaga to the US military and then said "if you don't like her, you don't like the US which is the best country in the world, and also you hate the world" lol

I agree with Wanderer, I'm staying far away from there. Well except san francisco, my mom lives there :D In general though, US people are pretty ignorant.
I tell it like it is.