ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it normal not to hear anything from USCIS?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FresnoGirl
Newly Registered

Is it normal not to hear anything from USCIS?

Post by FresnoGirl » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 am

Hello!

I submited my applications in January to adjust my status (I married an american citizen, so we submited the I-130, advance parole and work permit, etc)

Is it normal not to hear from them? They haven't even cashed the checks we enclosed. (do you think it is a problem if the cheques were in my name (the mexican citizen)?

Thank you very much

Arianna

lasvegasjr
Newly Registered

Post by lasvegasjr » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:15 am

Hi

I am surprised you have not heard anything yet, first you should recieved letters comfirming that they have recieved payments for your forms. i was in the same boat as you. United Kingdom citizen married an american citizen. It starts off slow but does quicken up.
The ins recieved my I485,I13O and work permit last march 2005,now have been approved for AOS in the last 2 weeks. Work permit in my case took 3 months to complete, But dont quote me on that.

Take care