ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

now my boss want valid stamp 4 or leave the job

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sat May 08, 2010 7:39 pm

i am working a company last seven years ,,,,now my boss asking valid stamp 4, my tem stamp 4 expired nearly 18 days ago but i did not get any response from DOJ, i am only earning person in my family at the moment becos we have 1 month new baby thats reason my wife can not work,if they issu stamp3 still i can not work.
this news realy shocking for every body and i do not know wat to do

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Same here iluvireland. My Temp Stamp4 expired on 27th of April & still didn't get any reply from DOJ & when I wrote them letter and send email to them, they just replied my that they are considering my case and when they will take some decision, they will let me know by register post. My company stopped my roster & told me to submit my up to date visa, then I will have roster. Its totally unbelievable, 6 months is not enough for them to decide about application. And on other hand they even don't bother to issue temp stamp4 while case is under process.No idea what to do?
Any Suggestions ????

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sat May 08, 2010 11:51 pm

i know ur wife lost job and u sent fas letter.....wat do u think abt enroll in a college,,,,did you see they mantion abt college in there web. at least we have our right then we can fight ..... also we have another option,,,,. do u know how i can send private mail

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:53 pm

What do you mean by private mail??
you mean postal mail or Email ??

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sun May 09, 2010 12:02 am

private mail to you,,,,how can i do that.....do u know

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:07 am

You can send me private mail by just clicking on private Message button up there beside Lon In and Profile button.I already got your private mail before.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sun May 09, 2010 12:19 am

roddy,,,,, have u got my mail,,,,i m not too sure

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:23 am

I got it..

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun May 09, 2010 1:24 am

Hi guys,

What do you think about this new info from DOJ?

Do you think EU will force them to revoke that decision?

We just applied (me and my unmarried partner) last week and have not received acknowledgement letter yet.

Really hope he receives temp stamp 4 because we cannot survive on one salary.

Do you think anyone will have the guts to bring it to court soon?

VERY worried about this. I am disgusted at the INCOMPETENCE of the Irish Immigration System and the sheer ignorance of DOJ to be issuing Stamp 3 in clear breach of the Directive. :(
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sun May 09, 2010 2:18 pm

monife, let see few days if not change thr mind then i think we sud get togther for aginst them.,,,,its realy shocking and it does not work .

you sud get stamp 4 within max 10 days becos u applied be4 1 june anyway. stamp 3 useless and we cant survive wit that...i hope they change mind or we have to go high court just we need to get togther

rlow68

Re: now my boss want valid stamp 4 or leave the job

Post by rlow68 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:11 pm

[quote="iluvireland"]i am working a company last seven years ,,,,now my boss asking valid stamp 4, my tem stamp 4 expired nearly 18 days ago but i did not get any response from DOJ, i am only earning person in my family at the moment becos we have 1 month new baby thats reason my wife can not work,if they issu stamp3 still i can not work.
this news realy shocking for every body and i do not know wat to do

This new rules, I dont believe is for people like you, it is for who are just applying for the first time, this is just a six months visa until the actual decision, it is not applicable to people who are in the system b/4, people are misunderstanding this, I m not saying it is good, but I believe the government is trying to be careful as it is not fair for somebody to have Stamp4 for 6 months and at the end of the case the application is refused, when already he may have got a job, and this may affect the employees company. So pls reread the rules again, or am I wrong with my understanding of the regulations?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun May 09, 2010 3:23 pm

rlow68 wrote:This new rules, I dont believe is for people like you, it is for who are just applying for the first time, this is just a six months visa until the actual decision, it is not applicable to people who are in the system b/4, people are misunderstanding this, I m not saying it is good, but I believe the government is trying to be careful as it is not fair for somebody to have Stamp4 for 6 months and at the end of the case the application is refused, when already he may have got a job, and this may affect the employees company. So pls reread the rules again, or am I wrong with my understanding of the regulations?
Department of Justice wrote:Please be advised that with effect from 1 June 2010, the permission to remain which may be given to applicants who are in the State on the basis of a pending application for EU Treaty Rights will be a Stamp 3.
In what way do you feel the government is trying to be careful? By issuing the family member of a Union citizen with Stamp 3 for six months, the DoJ is placing a severe restriction on the practicality of that family member securing employment for those six months. I am sure that the vast majority of employers would see the Stamp 3 GNIB card and assume that the holder is not entitled to work in Ireland.

If the DoJ does not want to issue Stamp 4 for six months - they don't have to and no rules would be broken.

To issue Stamp 3 is to actively seek to remove from a person his right to work in Ireland - and that is illegal.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 pm

dear rlow68, my tem stap4 expired on 20 april,,,,,stil no response. also DOJ mantion pending application wil be stamp 3,,,,my one is pending application which is waiting for result,,,i wish your right

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Ben wrote:
rlow68 wrote:This new rules, I dont believe is for people like you, it is for who are just applying for the first time, this is just a six months visa until the actual decision, it is not applicable to people who are in the system b/4, people are misunderstanding this, I m not saying it is good, but I believe the government is trying to be careful as it is not fair for somebody to have Stamp4 for 6 months and at the end of the case the application is refused, when already he may have got a job, and this may affect the employees company. So pls reread the rules again, or am I wrong with my understanding of the regulations?
Department of Justice wrote:Please be advised that with effect from 1 June 2010, the permission to remain which may be given to applicants who are in the State on the basis of a pending application for EU Treaty Rights will be a Stamp 3.
In what way do you feel the government is trying to be careful? By issuing the family member of a Union citizen with Stamp 3 for six months, the DoJ is placing a severe restriction on the practicality of that family member securing employment for those six months. I am sure that the vast majority of employers would see the Stamp 3 GNIB card and assume that the holder is not entitled to work in Ireland.

If the DoJ does not want to issue Stamp 4 for six months - they don't have to and no rules would be broken.

To issue Stamp 3 is to actively seek to remove from a person his right to work in Ireland - and that is illegal.
I know it is illegal, DOJ is only covering its arse due to the Court judgement indicating they must give a decision 6 months max on EU applications, at least issuing 6 months on stamp 3 has abide with the court directive. As you said, their main objective is to prevent non-eu family from taking the nonexistent job, that is if their is any at this material time, and then hold own to the approval or treating the real application for so long as they can take, under the excuse it is still been treated

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun May 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi rlow68.

Not sure I fully understand you, but:
rlow68 wrote:I know it is illegal, DOJ is only covering its arse due to the Court judgement indicating they must give a decision 6 months max on EU applications
You feel that to act illegally is to cover their arse? Also, I fail to see how adherence to the six month maximum processing time requirement is in any way connected to an attempt to remove from a person his entitlement to work in Ireland.

rlow68 wrote:at least issuing 6 months on stamp 3 has abide with the court directive.
Which would that be?

rlow68 wrote:As you said, their main objective is to prevent non-eu family from taking the nonexistent job
I have never said that.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sun May 09, 2010 4:03 pm

ben ,,,,wat do think they gonna change mind or wil be stamp 3 ?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun May 09, 2010 4:08 pm

iluvireland wrote:ben ,,,,wat do think they gonna change mind or wil be stamp 3 ?
  • The Department of Justice cannot issue Stamp 3 to "family members" (§ 2(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC) at any time.
  • The Department of Justice may issue Stamp 3 to "beneficiaries" (§ 3(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC) until processing of EU1 application is complete.
  • The Department of Justice are not obliged to issue Stamp 4 (sic) to "family members" or to "beneficiaries" at any time.