ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR wait time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

optimist_eternal
BANNED

SAR wait time

Post by optimist_eternal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm

It’s been more than 40 days since I requested for SAR file.

Has anyone else on this forum, having applied for SAR file, been waiting for that long?
Last edited by optimist_eternal on Fri May 07, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:03 am

Hey it's strange this happened to you.

I applied for SAR about 3 weeks ago and got my file within 4 working days. I got the information even before they deducted my £10 Payment from the bank.

Have patience you will get your file.

PK

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:10 pm

PK wrote:Hey it's strange this happened to you.

I applied for SAR about 3 weeks ago and got my file within 4 working days. I got the information even before they deducted my £10 Payment from the bank.

Have patience you will get your file.

PK
wow that was fast,....

I applied on the 26th of jan and payment taken and still waiting :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:14 pm

That's you put in the 'Do these last' pile!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

syed ali

Is it a gap or not?

Post by syed ali » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi,
I have to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residence basis, and I have recieved my SAR file and the application raised dates are showing one and 2 days gaps on three occassions, as i m pretty sure that i had posted my application in time. According to Sar file the things could be shown like this:

Expirey date Application Raised Date(SAR)
31-03-2002 2-04-2002(2 days gap)
30-09-2002 1-10-2002(1 day gap)
30-06-2004 1-07-2004(1 day gap)

now i m wondering the application raised date is the same when i posted the application or when they recieved the application. If someone has same experience please advice, as i dont hv the postal receipts for them I shall be v grateful.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:08 am

Update to my post on this thread (posted on 14th April 2010): I have still not received my SAR file.
Last edited by optimist_eternal on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bb21

Re: Is it a gap or not?

Post by bb21 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:26 am

syed ali wrote:Hi,
I have to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residence basis, and I have recieved my SAR file and the application raised dates are showing one and 2 days gaps on three occassions, as i m pretty sure that i had posted my application in time. According to Sar file the things could be shown like this:

now i m wondering the application raised date is the same when i posted the application or when they recieved the application. If someone has same experience please advice, as i dont hv the postal receipts for them I shall be v grateful.
I had the same problem, see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

However no one seemed to be able to answer my query but given that I still had my original receipts I just posted those to UKBA on application and also attached a photocopy of the SAR printout which showed my recorded receipt reference number. I also attached an explanatory cover letter for this. Still waiting for the reply.

syed ali

Re: Is it a gap or not?

Post by syed ali » Wed May 05, 2010 2:01 pm

bb21 wrote:
syed ali wrote:Hi,

I had the same problem, see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

However no one seemed to be able to answer my query but given that I still had my original receipts I just posted those to UKBA on application and also attached a photocopy of the SAR printout which showed my recorded receipt reference number. I also attached an explanatory cover letter for this. Still waiting for the reply.
thank you so much bb21,
I wish u good luck for ur ILR application, as we both have the same problem regarding gap so will it be possible to be in touch with each other can I have ur email address or will u let me know when ur result comes to u which i m sure will be positive
Thanks again

2003uk
Newly Registered

Post by 2003uk » Sat May 08, 2010 8:48 pm

well i applied for my in december 09 and i still have not got it. cant be bothered to chase it anymore as i sent my application 3 months ago for ilr based on article 8. i think you need some luck with the HO. i think they do lucky dips every morning and you your number is picked for the day, they will consider your case.

centennial

hi

Post by centennial » Sun May 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello everybody, I have applied for SAR around 10 days back and yesterday got the letter saying I haven’t filled the cheque completely. my mistake though but they have mentioned one more thing that they don’t have by arrival and departure dates . What does that mean ? what kind of information have they got about me then ? actually I had lost my passport and so don’t have any proof of my first arrival date (18th july,2005) and I would need to prove that I was in the UK on 18th july when I will apply for naturalisation.

any thoughts guys ?

Thanks,
sandeep

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed May 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Right guys, could anyone on this forum who received their SAR file please explain what information did they get?

Is it that UKBA copies the entire contents of you file and send them to you?
Is it just the computer printouts and summary of your immigration history?
Do you have to ask them specifically what information you require? or do you just make a general Subject Access Request.

Information from members who have got SAR files will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

sticagus
Newly Registered

Post by sticagus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 am

Is it that UKBA copies the entire contents of you file and send them to you? - YES
Is it just the computer printouts and summary of your immigration history? - [b]YES[/b]
Do you have to ask them specifically what information you require? or do you just make a general Subject Access Request. - General SAR request
Submitted my girlfriends request letter + £10 cheque (this still has not been cashed!) on the 17th May, received acknowledgement letter on the 22nd May. Complete file received on the 2nd June (including all of the visa copies, letters, notes, etc.)

hope this helps

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Is it that UKBA copies the entire contents of you file and send them to you? - YES
Is it just the computer printouts and summary of your immigration history? - YES

Both of the above answers can't be yes.
Someone asked if they copy entire contents or if they only give the computer printouts of immigration history?

sticagus
Newly Registered

Post by sticagus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 pm

they sent us copies of all of the supporting documents/ind forms that were submitted either in person or by post to the HO + officers notes on each application form + in addition to that the envelope also had computer print-outs (from the HO internal system that contained almost the same info as the original docs, but summarised) covering most of the immigration history.

Thus, the answer is Yes and Yes, whether printouts were as part of the file or in addition to the main file - that depends on the definition.

If it was not clear, I apologise, I guess I should've said the computer printouts were included as a part of the file. Hope this clears any confusion of mrlookforward.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I wasnt picking on your, just trying to find what exactly comes after the SAR. Its crystal clear now. Thanks again. :)

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: hi

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

centennial wrote:Hello everybody, I have applied for SAR around 10 days back and yesterday got the letter saying I haven’t filled the cheque completely. my mistake though but they have mentioned one more thing that they don’t have by arrival and departure dates . What does that mean ? what kind of information have they got about me then ? actually I had lost my passport and so don’t have any proof of my first arrival date (18th july,2005) and I would need to prove that I was in the UK on 18th july when I will apply for naturalisation.

any thoughts guys ?

Thanks,
sandeep
If you made any other applications to UKBA after 18 jul 2005 on your old passport, then hopefully they will have copy of your passport on your SAR file.

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:12 pm

I applied SAR on 2nd June2010 and today i.e,11th June I received acknowledge letter from UKBA saying that my file will be process with next 40 days.

blalita_sharma
Newly Registered

Post by blalita_sharma » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi,
centennial :
My partner is in UK since 2001 and he lost his passport in 2009,however he applied for his SAR they had all dates correct. so I guess they should have your details on there as well.

Time wait for SAR - average time is anywhere around 6 weeks to 8 weeks.
I know of someone who has got ILR first and then received his SAR though I received mine within 40 days.

Cheers,

centennial

Post by centennial » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks Sharma for your encouraging words. Money have been deducted from my accounts so I guess I should receive the report soon.

thanks

blalita_sharma wrote:Hi,
centennial :
My partner is in UK since 2001 and he lost his passport in 2009,however he applied for his SAR they had all dates correct. so I guess they should have your details on there as well.

Time wait for SAR - average time is anywhere around 6 weeks to 8 weeks.
I know of someone who has got ILR first and then received his SAR though I received mine within 40 days.

Cheers,

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 am

Hi

I requested for my SAR file nearly 2 months ago and received the acknowledgement letter on 20th April. Todate nothing has arrived from UKBA and 40 days period was up on 30th May.

Can some one please suggest what should I do next? I've not tried to ring or email DPU!!! :roll: :roll:

Thanks

Adam

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Can someone please advice? I am applying for ILR next month but there's no sign of my SAR file even after two months.

Thanks

jager

Post by jager » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:51 pm

adamboston wrote:Can someone please advice? I am applying for ILR next month but there's no sign of my SAR file even after two months.

Thanks
Send this (as a printed letter) to the UKBA DPU

Dear Sir,

On xxx I made a request for all data that the UKBA holds on me. I subsequently received a letter confirming my request, assigning it the reference DPU xxx. The cheque was cashed on xxx, but I have yet to receive the requested data. As it is now more than 40 days since the request was received, the UKBA appears to be in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998. If the requested data is not received within the next seven days I will lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office and consider legal action.

Sincerely,

If they still don't send it, complain to http://www.ico.gov.uk/

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Dear Jager

Thanks so very much for your help. I will send this letter first thing in the morning. I am just hoping that telling DPU of any intended complaint or other action wouldn't affect my ILR application :!: :!: :!: Silly me.

Thanks again mate.

Adam

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:29 am

Hi there

Just an update - I haven't received my file yet but I have sent the above letter, which jager advised, last week.

The waiting starts again. :?
Adam

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Update:

Received my SAR file today.

I will send another letter to UKBA first thing in the morning to ask them to ignore my yesterday letter.

File contains:
- a covering letter explaining how the info is provided in the pack.
- all LTR applications made in my time in UK.
- all LTR grant letter
- printouts of computer records
- caseworkers' notes
- first date of entry (but no landing cards or info about entry or/and exit)

Very nicely presented document. It took almost 2 months but never mind as it serves the purpose quite well. Thanks UKBA.