ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa - just take care.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neoms21
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa - just take care.

Post by neoms21 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi guys,

My wife applied for her dependant visa on 19th Feb 2010 and we got the result on 12th March as 'REFUSED'. It was a shocking news to us as immigration officer mentioned that I didn't have £1600.00 in my account while there should have been only £533.00 as I've been here since 2007 (more than 12 months).
Besides, even £1600 were there in my account but IO chose to ignore my flexi saver statement and decided based on my current statement that I didn't have enough funds to support her. He clearly wasn't paying enough attention to the application as he also mentioned that I've been in UK for less than 12 months.

Then we waited for about 2 weeks ( I still don't know why we did that, possibly getting over the shock) with almost the same statement just increasing it by one more month as March had passed so included Feb and Mar as well. This time I put in extra documentation like post-its everywhere mentioning what is what and all. (It all seemed ridiculous to me). Finally after 5 working weeks we got the result and it has been approved this time.

I just thought would share it all of you in case it might help someone in future. Thanks to this forum for immense help and support.

neoms21

saisundeep

Re: Dependant Visa - just take care.

Post by saisundeep » Mon May 10, 2010 4:28 pm

neoms21 wrote:Hi guys,

My wife applied for her dependant visa on 19th Feb 2010 and we got the result on 12th March as 'REFUSED'. It was a shocking news to us as immigration officer mentioned that I didn't have £1600.00 in my account while there should have been only £533.00 as I've been here since 2007 (more than 12 months).
Besides, even £1600 were there in my account but IO chose to ignore my flexi saver statement and decided based on my current statement that I didn't have enough funds to support her. He clearly wasn't paying enough attention to the application as he also mentioned that I've been in UK for less than 12 months.

Then we waited for about 2 weeks ( I still don't know why we did that, possibly getting over the shock) with almost the same statement just increasing it by one more month as March had passed so included Feb and Mar as well. This time I put in extra documentation like post-its everywhere mentioning what is what and all. (It all seemed ridiculous to me). Finally after 5 working weeks we got the result and it has been approved this time.

I just thought would share it all of you in case it might help someone in future. Thanks to this forum for immense help and support.

neoms21
Thanks for letting us know, seriously its really bad they haven't paid full attention and you got to pay for that.
I've one question to ask: if you are more than 12 months in UK in that case do you need to have 800 + 533 =1333 in your account or 800 + 1600 = 2400?
thanks
Sai

neoms21
Newly Registered

Post by neoms21 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 pm

hi sai,

That's where most of the people get confused you just need to have 533GBP not 1333 and not 2400.

Reason for that is simple enough that you already have tier 1 you don't need to show 800 for yourself just 533 for your spouse.

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Tue May 11, 2010 8:54 am

neoms21 wrote:hi sai,

That's where most of the people get confused you just need to have 533GBP not 1333 and not 2400.

Reason for that is simple enough that you already have tier 1 you don't need to show 800 for yourself just 5
33 for your spouse.
Thanks very much