ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost passport with PBS Tier-1 visa in India, please Help!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geetkochhar
Newly Registered

Re: @Ketan

Post by geetkochhar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 am

Prashatt wrote:Hi Ketan,

The email id, I have been constantly in touch with is Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

it should be Delhi.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk , I was very much worried and I emailed the British Deputy High commissioner in Mumbai Ms. Vicki Treadell. She never responded but the auto-mail response gave me further contact names. I tried their emails too and luckily one of the Entry Clearance Manager responded.
You can get more info on their website.

Regards,
Prashant.
Prashant,
Thanks a lot, your lat reply means I have sent email at right address visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk. I hope they reply soon. Do let me know how things work out for you.
Regards
Ketan

geetkochhar
Newly Registered

Re: @Ketan

Post by geetkochhar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 am

Prashatt wrote:Hi Ketan,

The email id, I have been constantly in touch with is Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

it should be Delhi.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk , I was very much worried and I emailed the British Deputy High commissioner in Mumbai Ms. Vicki Treadell. She never responded but the auto-mail response gave me further contact names. I tried their emails too and luckily one of the Entry Clearance Manager responded.
You can get more info on their website.

Regards,
Prashant.
Hello Prashant,
I have been in contact with ECM in Delhi. He has accepted that it will be a replacement Visa but I should use Tier 1 application form. He has advised VFS as well to advise the same.
Can you please advise what is happening at your end? How they are sorting out your problem?
Regards
Ketan

Prashatt
Newly Registered

Finally got the visas stamped on to my New passport.

Post by Prashatt » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Thank you friends for your valuable advise, I finally got my visas stamped on my new passport.
This was done as part of the Admin Review because VFS had misguided me into applying as fresh applicant. Thanks to Entry Clearance Manager in Mumbai.

Cheers.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Finally got the visas stamped on to my New passport.

Post by gotcha » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Prashatt wrote:Thank you friends for your valuable advise, I finally got my visas stamped on my new passport.
This was done as part of the Admin Review because VFS had misguided me into applying as fresh applicant. Thanks to Entry Clearance Manager in Mumbai.

Cheers.
Congratulations ! It must be great relief for you. In the end, how you approached BHC, Mumbai to explain them about your visa replacement ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Prashatt wrote:Thank you friends for your valuable advise, I finally got my visas stamped on my new passport.

Cheers.
Congratulations Prashatt..
That was really a hard fought battle.. ALL ZZZ WELL when it ends well.. Enjoy the moment..

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Really good news, All the hard efforts have paid off in the end. Did you write to manager to inform all the VFS contact centers not to misguide anyone in the future or make procedural changes so no one will go from this in the future.

Regards,
Tipu

Cheers.

geetkochhar
Newly Registered

Post by geetkochhar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Cheers.
WOW that is really a good news, Congratulations!! I hope it goes smoothly for me as well. I am in contact with ECM in Delhi. He is very cooperative. I wish Indian Passport authorties would have been as cooperative.

Congratulations once again.
Ketan

Prashatt
Newly Registered

VFS helpline

Post by Prashatt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks everybody.

I had called VFS helpline 08040084008 and informed them about the ECB 17 rules. They had never heard or read about it. I think everybody trying for/having a uk visa uses the internet. I googled for lost passports and the results include immigrationboards and anybody going thru this thread will find help here.

I had been emailing the ECM, visa enquiries dept. almost 2 to 3 times a week and calling them daily to check for my visa & appeal status. I learned a lesson the hard way and plan to make a formal complaint to UKBA about this case. When I was at British High Commission Mumbai, saw a notice about IT systems being upgraded there. Hope the new systems and this thread helps anybody who has lost or had his Indian passports lost or stolen while in India and needs a Tier-1 visa to be replaced or transferred to New passports.

Important documents needed at British Embassy (try to get in touch with Entry clearance manager) for lost/stolen passport case:

Police FIR (get 3 or more attested copies from police station for visa too).
UK visa copies (immediately after u get it stamped on to your passport).
Passport copies (1,2 and last 2 pages)
Cover letter explaining your case.
Any supporting evidence to prove that you had been in UK (employment letter or rental agreement or council tax receipt, etc)
Letter from UK BA stating they had approved your visa before.
Lots of patience because UKBA has the "number of working days" concept!

Cheers,
Prashant.

letmec2006

hi

Post by letmec2006 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:12 am

Prashatt

I had been following your case. Thats really a good news.

Hope everything goes well hereafter

balak2

Post by balak2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Wow, that was certainly something you got into Prashatt. Anyway, congrats and all the best!!!

centennial

Post by centennial » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Hello everybody,
unfortunately I am in same boat as I have lost my passport on my way to delhi airport. I had ILR stamp on my old passport. as per VFS advise I have applied for returning resident visa.

do you rekon is it correct visa to get on my new passport ? will it have any adverse effect on my naturlisation application ?

Please reply urgently so that I can withdraw (if required) my application if I need to apply in different category.

regards,
sandeep

naveen28
Newly Registered

Lost Passport Whilst on Business trip

Post by naveen28 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

This thread did throw light on some issues with lack of clarifications from UKBA.

I have been residing in the UK since 2002. Last year I obtained my Tier 1 visa. Now am on a business trip to Kazakhstan and stuck here as my passport has been lost/ stolen.

I recieved a new ppt from Indian embassy, and been advised by BHC in Almaty to make a fresh application with all supporting docs, very illogical. I had explained to them that bank sts and payslips and quals not required as am asking for a replacement visa. But none seems to take a note of it.

Had contacted UKBA and they advised me to get in touch with BHC.

Guys, any help and advise would be greatly recieved, specially with any contact details or email ID's for ECM's you possess. I dont mind going to India and get this sorted as well.

Look forward to hearing from you's.

Kind Regards,
Naveen

Nir
Newly Registered

Lost Passport with UK HSMP visa

Post by Nir » Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 am

Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. I lost my passport with UK HSMP visa while I am on a visit to India.
I have contacted the VFS for the replacement visa. But, VFS has asked me to apply for fresh Tier 1 Visa.

Based on the posts in this forum, I understand that since my leave is extended previously from UK, I don't have to make fresh Tier 1 visa application .

Instead I need to make an application for replacement visa.

Could anyone please tell me how to applied for the replacement VIsa ?

I am not getting any response from the BHC chennai. Do you have any contacts whom I can contact in regard to the visa ?

thanks in advance
Nir

tipu20

Re: Lost Passport with UK HSMP visa

Post by tipu20 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi Nir,

If you look at the post from Prashatt at Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:04 am Post subject: VFS helpline

you should find all the answer.

Regards,

Tipu
Nir wrote:Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. I lost my passport with UK HSMP visa while I am on a visit to India.
I have contacted the VFS for the replacement visa. But, VFS has asked me to apply for fresh Tier 1 Visa.

Based on the posts in this forum, I understand that since my leave is extended previously from UK, I don't have to make fresh Tier 1 visa application .

Instead I need to make an application for replacement visa.

Could anyone please tell me how to applied for the replacement VIsa ?

I am not getting any response from the BHC chennai. Do you have any contacts whom I can contact in regard to the visa ?

thanks in advance
Nir

Nir
Newly Registered

fresh application ..

Post by Nir » Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 pm

I think the application form for trasfer is the source of all confusion/issues. See the text below highlighted in double quotes.
Not sure the what the intention behind this sentence.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... rmtransfer

under http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING A VALID VISA/ENTRY CLEARANCE YOU SHOULD COMPLETE THIS FORM.
This form should be used to request the transfer of a valid visa into a new passport. You must submit the original visa/entry clearance in
the original travel document for UK Border Agency to transfer the visa into your new passport.
"If you are unable to provide the original visa/entry clearance e.g. you have lost or had stolen your passport containing your original visa/entry clearance,
then you must submit a fresh application (including the appropriate fee) on the relevant form. You must not use this form unless you can submit the
original visa/entry clearance in the original passport/travel document."

Nir
Newly Registered

ECB 17

Post by Nir » Tue May 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Today, I visited VFS in person and enquired about the procedure for replacement visa.
The VFS gentleman in the enquiry counter has no knowledge of replacement visa.
I have shown him the ECB rules copy.
He tried to convince me that trafer and replacement visa are same.

He went into a cabin and came back and told me that he phoned BHC and got confirmation that fresh application need to be made.

VFS guy has asked me to contact the BHC and gave me some number. I have been trying those numbers for many days. Its always busy..

What a stressful situation...

dineshchander
Newly Registered

Post by dineshchander » Wed May 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Hello everyone,

My passport got stolen last weekend in india, which had Tier one visa stamping on it. My visa is valid till march 2012. I had visited UK twice on this visa and the last time i visited was on march 2010 for a job interview. I now have an offer from a semiconductor company in the UK and I've resigned my current job here in India. I had also booked my air tickets and at this juncture my passport is lost !!!
I've filed a complaint with the police and got an FIR receipt. I've applied for a passport under tatkal scheme. I've scanned copies of my visa page and the personal details page of my lost passport. I went to VFS Bangalore, and as mentioned in this thread i get a ready made answer from VFS to make a fresh application. Since I didn't anticipate that this would happen, I haven't maintained 2800 GBP in my account for the last 3 months.
I've sent a mail to Chennai visa enquiry office, but no reply yet.
I've managed to talk at the visa section at the british high commission in chennai and there the lady clearly said that i need to reapply :( . I infact quoted her what was there in the ECB guidance article 17.1. But no use !!!
please suggest what should i do ??

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Wed May 19, 2010 3:45 pm

dineshchander wrote:Hello everyone,

My passport got stolen last weekend in india, which had Tier one visa stamping on it. My visa is valid till march 2012. I had visited UK twice on this visa and the last time i visited was on march 2010 for a job interview. I now have an offer from a semiconductor company in the UK and I've resigned my current job here in India. I had also booked my air tickets and at this juncture my passport is lost !!!
I've filed a complaint with the police and got an FIR receipt. I've applied for a passport under tatkal scheme. I've scanned copies of my visa page and the personal details page of my lost passport. I went to VFS Bangalore, and as mentioned in this thread i get a ready made answer from VFS to make a fresh application. Since I didn't anticipate that this would happen, I haven't maintained 2800 GBP in my account for the last 3 months.
I've managed to talk at the visa section at the british high commission in chennai and there the lady clearly said that i need to reapply :( . I infact quoted her what was there in the ECB guidance article 17.1. But no use !!!
Hi Dinesh,

I am sorry to hear that, may god will sort out your problem soon.
did you see sushdmehta's reponse earlier to Prashant, i am copying and pasting her reponse here hope it could shed some light:

"
1. Get a new passport (assuming this has already been arranged).
2. Draft a covering letter addressed to Entry Clearance Manager / Operations Manager explaining the background in detail and requesting for a replacement vignette for currently valid "leave to remain" issued in the UK on your new passport that you now have in your possession.
3. Include copy of police FIR of loss of passport.
4. Include copy of Home Office letter confirming approval of Tier1.
5. If you have it, include copies of personal detail pages of lost passport AND copy of the Tier1 leave to remain vignette stamped in that (lost) passport (label them appropriately - LOST or something).
6. Include a copy of personal detail pages of new passport (label appropriately).
7. Include printout of ECB17.1 and ECB17.2
8. State in the letter that all supporting documents included are copies but originals will be be made available in original as and when BHC advises you on the correct course of action in your case (e.g.- advising you to make an application at VFS or advising you to appear at BHC for a face-to-face appointment).

Note:
1. You might want to stress on the point in your letter that on basis of ECB17.1 and ECB17.2 (publicly available caseworker guidelines published by UKVisas - a govt. department), you are entlitled to a replacement "leave to remain" vignette and duly understand that you'll have to pay full fee for the vignette.
2. Make sure that you highlight in your letter that till date both BHC and VFS have misguided you by claiming that you will have to apply for Tier 1 scheme afresh and that you are not eligible for a replacement "leave to remain" vignette which is contrary to caseworkers guidelines published by UKVisas on their official website.
3. Alternatively, you could draft your letter as a *formal complaint* rather than as a request for appointment / visa. IMHO, this will probably get you a quicker response (personal opinion)! But do not miss out on the details and do not forget to include the documents as listed above (if not more).

Finally:
1. Send the letter (and documents) by COURIER to UK Border Agency Mumbai, British Deputy High Commission, Naman Chambers, C32 G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East Mumbai-51.
2. Send a CC of letter (and documents) to UK Border Agency New Delhi, British High Commission, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021.
3. Send a formal complaint to VFS Mumbai for their inability to provide you with accurate information regarding and course of action inspite of being the only authourized Visa Application Partner in India. Address this letter to the Service Manager or Application Center Manager (call them up and get their names if need be). You can leave out the documents here - just the letter / complaint and printout of ECB17.1 and ECB17.2 should suffice for now.
"

All the best. I hope things work out for you .... soon. Terrible situation to be in ....

regards

Nir
Newly Registered

Post by Nir » Thu May 20, 2010 12:21 pm

dineshchander wrote:Hello everyone,

Dinesh, Looks like BHC chennai is answering emails dated around 25th April. I haven't got any reply to my emails that were sent around May 1st.
I have been to VFS bangalore too . I think their knowledge is very limited.

Nir
Newly Registered

Post by Nir » Thu May 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Dinesh,

How did you manage to talk to BHC chennai ? I always find the lines busy.
DId you ask BHC guys if you need to score the PBS points again while submitting fresh application?

dineshchander
Newly Registered

Post by dineshchander » Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 pm

I tried several times and was lucky to get answered once.
She said that she can't comment anything on visa decision process. According to whatever I understood from her, she says that I need to file a fresh visa application and show points again :(
It'll be a fresh visa with another 3 year validity I believe

dineshchander
Newly Registered

Post by dineshchander » Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Hello guys,

Thanks for your replies. The post from sushdmetha is really good and thanks to saisandeep... The steps are very clear. Please spare some time to share your views on my questions below

1. VFS states that all documents has to be sent through them only. Will sending letters and copies of documents directly to BDHP Chennai help? Can I expect any response from them?
2. Do I need an immigration lawyer or someone? Can someone please suggest me any contact information in this regard please?
3. Can prashatt or someone who has been in this position before, throw some light on this on what exactly needs to be done? Please...

Thanks again for your patient hearing and reply.... hoping to get your valuable responses and feedbacks on this problem.

regards,
Dinesh Chander

Nir
Newly Registered

Post by Nir » Tue May 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi Dinesh,

You may like to register in http://hsmpforumltd.com/index.html for more help

dineshchander
Newly Registered

Lost/Stolen Passport - Administrative review

Post by dineshchander » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Dear Friends,

I tried various ways of communicating the BDHC and after persistent efforts, finally I was surprised when I got a call from BDHC chennai !!! The lady explained to me, that since there are no seperate application form for Visa Replacement outside UK, I need to use the VAF9 and PBS appendix form itself. She also asked me to state clearly that the application is for vignette replacement and not to be treated as a fresh application. I did the same and along with it I had submitted the following documents

1. Covering letter stating my situation, quoted ECB 17.1 article and copy of that page
2. FIR copy in tamil, certified translation in English, police report
3. Previous visa page copy and passport copy
4. Job offer letter from the company in UK
5. My present job details
6. All the documents that I had submitted to get my previous visa

The VFS people also wrote down in their notes about the details of the person who spoke to me over phone. Upon the instruction from BDHC only I proceeded and submitted the application with full visa fee... Now I get my visa rejected. I'm going to apply for administrative review. Please let me know if there is any spl care or something else that I need to take care during this process...

Can somebody let me know how long does it take for the admin review to get complete ??

This is clearly frustrating !!! I'm getting an assistance of an immigration attorney throughout this process.

Eagerly awaiting your responses

tipu20

Re: Lost/Stolen Passport - Administrative review

Post by tipu20 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi dineshchander

It will be good to know the reason they gave for refusal ? have you also tried contacting the person from BDHC chennai who suggested you to clearly write it's replacement not fresh application?

Regards,

Tipu
dineshchander wrote:Dear Friends,

I tried various ways of communicating the BDHC and after persistent efforts, finally I was surprised when I got a call from BDHC chennai !!! The lady explained to me, that since there are no seperate application form for Visa Replacement outside UK, I need to use the VAF9 and PBS appendix form itself. She also asked me to state clearly that the application is for vignette replacement and not to be treated as a fresh application. I did the same and along with it I had submitted the following documents

1. Covering letter stating my situation, quoted ECB 17.1 article and copy of that page
2. FIR copy in tamil, certified translation in English, police report
3. Previous visa page copy and passport copy
4. Job offer letter from the company in UK
5. My present job details
6. All the documents that I had submitted to get my previous visa

The VFS people also wrote down in their notes about the details of the person who spoke to me over phone. Upon the instruction from BDHC only I proceeded and submitted the application with full visa fee... Now I get my visa rejected. I'm going to apply for administrative review. Please let me know if there is any spl care or something else that I need to take care during this process...

Can somebody let me know how long does it take for the admin review to get complete ??

This is clearly frustrating !!! I'm getting an assistance of an immigration attorney throughout this process.

Eagerly awaiting your responses