ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 am

ali_hsn wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ali,

Ur out of touch. Please let me know if there has been any update since the last time u posted the fax..im still praying for u..n worried..plz update..
Hi Ifti & Iqra,

Sorry I was out of touch because of the bank holiday on monday. Anyways I have some good news and some bad news... Finally after 3 months of waiting the status changed on the website yesterday. It was yesterday in the evening, therefore my wife had to collect her passport today.
Good News : She has got the visa, Alhumdullilah! 12/04/2010 -> 26/11/2012 (took them a month just to get the passport back!)
Bad News : She will be joining me soon... more expenses, etc

lol! Sorry for the bad joke. Thankyou for your support guys, I'll stay on the forum and try my best to help people to the best of my knowledge. Now our prayers are with you Ifti. I wish you all the luck bro, InshAllah you'll get there just have faith.
My wife will be joining me at the end of this month InshAllah.

regards,
Ali

Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Thats a news :) a real one..m soooo happy..ohhh yeah she deserves to spend every penny off ur earnings..afterall she is ur wifey :) So she l b joining u by the end of the month i.e. nearly the same time il b joining my husband as well :)

All my prayers n wishes now with u Ifti. I will remain in touch with you guys..

Luck to all others as well..

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Tue May 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi guys,

In the list of guidance to processing times, there is no catagory for Tier 1 Dependant. Any idea of the catagory i should be looking for; i dont think it should be settlemen.

Thanks

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue May 04, 2010 12:21 pm

saminkhan wrote:Hi guys,

In the list of guidance to processing times, there is no catagory for Tier 1 Dependant. Any idea of the catagory i should be looking for; i dont think it should be settlemen.

Thanks
Hi saminkhan,

The dependant visa for Tier 1 is treated in the same category as Tier 1. I would not agree with the processing times for guidance on the site though. I think in Pakistan it is this order:
1. Mirpur , 2. Karachi, 3. Islamabad, 4. Lahore.

Thanks for the wishes Iqra, I can only but symathize with all the husbands when their wives come and join them here in UK. Bye Bye savings... lol.
Any updates at your end ifti?

Another non-relavant question: Any ideas with the flight baggage allowance from PK? Last I remember it was 40Kg.

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue May 04, 2010 12:34 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

Thanks
Hi saminkhan,

The dependant visa for Tier 1 is treated in the same category as Tier 1. I would not agree with the processing times for guidance on the site though. I think in Pakistan it is this order:
1. Mirpur , 2. Karachi, 3. Islamabad, 4. Lahore.

Thanks for the wishes Iqra, I can only but symathize with all the husbands when their wives come and join them here in UK. Bye Bye savings... lol.
Any updates at your end ifti?

Another non-relavant question: Any ideas with the flight baggage allowance from PK? Last I remember it was 40Kg.

regards,
Ali
Well Ali, I am traveling by Gulf Air and at the same time my mummy by Etihad and my mother in law by Emirates :) heheh..all of them have same allowance of 30kg + 8kg (hand baggage)..but this is the greatest problem i have right now as my baggage is exceeding..so now im spending alot of money and sending the leftover by DHL as their is no other way..

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks
"Other Non-Settlement" category!

By the way, its my personal assessment that the usual visa processing time is between a month to three months maximum. In vvvv rare cases it takes even more but the ppl i know and including my own visa came in 2 months exact or less..

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:36 pm

ali_hsn wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ali,

Ur out of touch. Please let me know if there has been any update since the last time u posted the fax..im still praying for u..n worried..plz update..
Hi Ifti & Iqra,

Sorry I was out of touch because of the bank holiday on monday. Anyways I have some good news and some bad news... Finally after 3 months of waiting the status changed on the website yesterday. It was yesterday in the evening, therefore my wife had to collect her passport today.
Good News : She has got the visa, Alhumdullilah! 12/04/2010 -> 26/11/2012 (took them a month just to get the passport back!)

lol! Sorry for the bad joke. Thankyou for your support guys, I'll stay on the forum and try my best to help people to the best of my knowledge. Now our prayers are with you Ifti. I wish you all the luck bro, InshAllah you'll get there just have faith.

regards,
Ali
Great news yaar. My prayers are with both of you. Yaar dowa karna mujhay to us manhoos na phasa diya ha warna ma kabhi appeal nahi karta. I don't know you have kids or not but the thing I am badly missing are my kids. Its almost more than a year I am away from my kids even yaar my daughter don't know her father becaue she born after my arrival in Uk. Waiting for papers and going to meet this week with solicitor. Achi dowa ma zaror yaad rakhna.

Enjoy your life.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue May 04, 2010 4:50 pm

ifti12 wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ali,

Hi Ifti & Iqra,

regards,
Ali
Great news yaar. My prayers are with both of you. Yaar dowa karna mujhay to us manhoos na phasa diya ha warna ma kabhi appeal nahi karta. I don't know you have kids or not but the thing I am badly missing are my kids. Its almost more than a year I am away from my kids even yaar my daughter don't know her father becaue she born after my arrival in Uk. Waiting for papers and going to meet this week with solicitor. Achi dowa ma zaror yaad rakhna.

Enjoy your life.
Ifti, the case depends on the individual officer. I am sure as soon as you appeal they will realize their mistake and grant the visa. I know life can be difficult without family, even though I dont have kids of my own yet I can realte to what you are going through.
Iqra, instead of using the DHL courier you can use the PIA cargo service which is much cheaper. You can also collect your luggage at the time of your arrival - depending when you send it through. I have been in UK for nearly 6 years now, and trust me nothing puts me off more than in-direct flights... Etihad Airways -> Abu Dhabi stop from 2-8 hours. Emirates ->Dubai stop again 2-12 hrs etc.
PIA has a plus point with the direct flight from Lahore (in my case) and is also offering 40Kg baggage allowance. Lucky for me that I got about 20Kg of my wife's luggage with me when I went back home in Feb. Still getting some quotes from the Internet, but incase of web tickets you need to provide the card at counter. My wife now has to buy a ticket from Lahore.

regards,
Ali

smartchallenger
Newly Registered

Post by smartchallenger » Tue May 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello there....

congratulates to all whose applications are successful... May Allah bless others with their applications...

Can any one plz tell me what is the exact fee for Tier-1 (General) dependant... my wife is planning to submit her application by the end of this month.. i've been told by some ppl tht it's around 29 to 30,000 ruppess and some one hv told a lot more than that.. u ppl have just gone through this procedure so would be grateful if anyone can tell me what fee my wife will hv to pay when submitting her application for tier-1(gen) dependant?

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Wed May 05, 2010 12:38 pm

We paid around Rs 94000 which is the new fee applicable from 6th April 2010.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm

smartchallenger wrote:Hello there....

congratulates to all whose applications are successful... May Allah bless others with their applications...

Can any one plz tell me what is the exact fee for Tier-1 (General) dependant... my wife is planning to submit her application by the end of this month.. i've been told by some ppl tht it's around 29 to 30,000 ruppess and some one hv told a lot more than that.. u ppl have just gone through this procedure so would be grateful if anyone can tell me what fee my wife will hv to pay when submitting her application for tier-1(gen) dependant?
hi,

if you do qualify under the HSMP scheme (i.e. before Tier 1 was introduced) then it is 36,450. But if you qualified under the points based system under Tier 1 then I am afraid it is 93,150.

http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx

All the details are on the Gerry's website. Best of luck with the application.

smartchallenger
Newly Registered

Post by smartchallenger » Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 pm

thx... so i guess those who told me that the fee would be around 95,000 were right... anyway, thx ali and saima for letting me knw.. not sure wht other expenses r waiting to emerge :roll:

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:58 am

@ifti
sorry to hear about ur refusal.i know its very difficult time for u but INSHALLA u wil get good news regards ur family visa.my prayers r always with u.cheers

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:59 am

@ali and iqra
congrats for getting ur visas best of luck to uk.i am planing to fly at the end of this month.regards

HSMPSEQUENCE

Tier General Depndant visa

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Fri May 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Dear All,

For information My Mrs applied on 05May. May Allah bless all of us.

Few things / experiences to be noted:

Gerrys only took 5 to 6 photos although we prepared an album.

I have a UK Tier 1 General ID card Residence Permit and provided a certified copy but Gerry asked to see stamp on my passport which is really absolute now ( so i provided scans to my Mrs)

Gerry also wanted to see my first Entry Clearence visa that i used to arrive in UK ( i provided scans )

I thought the last two points were silly but we had to no choice.

Khair Allah hum sab pe Karem kare aur sab key Visa lag jain Amin!

Thanks,
S

smartchallenger
Newly Registered

Re: Tier General Depndant visa

Post by smartchallenger » Sun May 09, 2010 4:47 pm

HSMPSEQUENCE wrote:Dear All,

I have a UK Tier 1 General ID card Residence Permit and provided a certified copy but Gerry asked to see stamp on my passport which is really absolute now ( so i provided scans to my Mrs)

Gerry also wanted to see my first Entry Clearence visa that i used to arrive in UK ( i provided scans )

Thanks,
S
Thanks for above mentioned info... i didn't get one thing... wht do u mean by Tier 1 general ID card residence permit.. i got my tier 1 general last month but didn't recive and ID card... i got it stamped on my passport...
can u also confirm if u sent over ur payslips???

Saga

Post by Saga » Mon May 10, 2010 12:10 pm

I have a question guys ...

Does the Tier 1 dependent has to leave for the UK within 28 days ?

I have been told such a condition used to exist for HSMP dependents as stated in their letter. But not sure about Tier 1 ?

Karachi VAC doesn't even answer the phone...

HSMPSEQUENCE

Re: Tier General Depndant visa

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

smartchallenger wrote:
HSMPSEQUENCE wrote:Dear All,

Thanks,
S
Thanks for above mentioned info... i didn't get one thing... wht do u mean by Tier 1 general ID card residence permit.. i got my tier 1 general last month but didn't recive and ID card... i got it stamped on my passport...
can u also confirm if u sent over ur payslips???
Hello SC,

Please look below for ID card details, I think these get made for new applications in country (UK).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/manag ... nationals/

Yes I did provide payslips although, this is not a legal requirement, you just need to show funds in Bank etc ( please read guidance for dependant visa). However, is a good way to show continuous source of income. Hope this helps!

Not sure about this 28 day question for dependant from Saga, May be Seniors can shed some light !!!!!

Thanks,
S

smartchallenger
Newly Registered

Post by smartchallenger » Tue May 11, 2010 6:51 pm

thanks but still not sure if this ID card is required on my status... I have got my Tier 1 (general) last month and before that i was on PSW.. so i made my application in UK and went in person but was not asked abt biometric nor been told anything related to ID card... and thx for letting me knw abt the payslips although it's not mentioned on checklist for tier-1 dependant but let's see...

at the moment my wife is struggling to get hold of those guys who give u appointment for TB test... it's been 4 days, she's calling constantly on + 92 51 111 466 472 to book her appointment but all she is hearing is just busy tone...

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Fri May 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Dear All,

Any updates from folks?

We are still waiting having applied on 05May2010 from Islamabad.

Thanks,
S

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Applied on 21 April from Mirpur still showing under process.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am

ifti12 wrote:Hi,

Applied on 2 Feb 2009 for wife and 2 kids and still waiting for response. Please share your time frame. Is there any one who got Tier 1 (General) dependent visa from Karachi VAC applied in February?

Thanks.

Is the date correct 2009 ???????? or it's 2010
Thanks

Ali

deer727
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Post by deer727 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:08 pm

aliq09 wrote:
ifti12 wrote:Hi,

Applied on 2 Feb 2009 for wife and 2 kids and still waiting for response. Please share your time frame. Is there any one who got Tier 1 (General) dependent visa from Karachi VAC applied in February?

Thanks.

Is the date correct 2009 ???????? or it's 2010
i was apply 13 Aprl 2010 settelmet visa but still fw to islamabad oc on they are so lazy

HSMPSEQUENCE

Post by HSMPSEQUENCE » Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

Dear All,

Any news from any one on this link?

what is everyone's impressions, have the BHC Islamabad become slow in their processing because of new British Government?

I hope it works out good for everyone Insha Allah.

Thanks,
S

taz_saeed
Newly Registered

Post by taz_saeed » Fri May 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering that if the apps are forwarded to abu dhabi for processing then what's the role of islamabad bhc? do our visas get stamped at islamabad bhc or at abu dhabi? and why do they take so long to forward passports/documents?

regards,

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 pm

I have heard that the Islamabad people check all the paperwork and send the information to Abu Dhabi for final decision. Based on the experience of other members in the forum the average time is 2 months plus but is it worth contacting them for any update?