ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Application - Postal Orders not crossed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anio

Extension Application - Postal Orders not crossed

Post by Anio » Tue May 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Hello All,

I bought my postal orders and was told i need to write A/C payee on it myself. I'm not sure if this is the right thing, i thought it should have been typed with the rest of the text. Please can anyone using PO confirm?

Sending application in few days so would appreciate responses.

Thanks.

renzokuken

Re: Extension Application - Postal Orders not crossed

Post by renzokuken » Tue May 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Anio wrote:Hello All,

I bought my postal orders and was told i need to write A/C payee on it myself. I'm not sure if this is the right thing, i thought it should have been typed with the rest of the text. Please can anyone using PO confirm?

Sending application in few days so would appreciate responses.

Thanks.
You don't need to write A/C payee as it is already printed. Just make sure to put your name and DOB in the back. I did this and got my Tier-1 without problem.

Anio

Post by Anio » Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks but A/C payee is not printed on mine.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue May 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Anio wrote:Thanks but A/C payee is not printed on mine.
I guess, its not mandatory to cross the cheque either., it surely to the name/ account number( if its written properly) written in the "pay to "column. :?
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed May 12, 2010 11:52 am

I'm sorry if i seem to be repeating myself but does anyone know if it's okay for me to write A/C payee on the postal order myself. The guidance note states it must be crossed and for a/c payee only but if i write on it does this look like i've tampered with the postal order? I understand the bit about writing my name DOB etc at the back.

I don't mean to be sweating the small stuff.... but this is stressing me out, don't want payment rejected as need to submit application before my b-day. Thanks for comments.