ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent refusal , urgent help required!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Tier 1 dependent refusal , urgent help required!!!

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed May 12, 2010 1:21 am

hi pandits
my wife has been refused dependent visa in india due to following reason:
1)wife produced bank statement older than 30 days
2)my name was spelt incorrect on bank statement , i have joint account with my father and i showed maintenance money from that account.

can anyone tell me how long the appeal process take as i am going to lodge an appeal in next couple of days.

Thanks

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Wed May 12, 2010 7:27 am

Hi,
The appeal process should take about 30 working days. But I'm sorry to say that ur grounds for appeal is very flimsy. The guidelines clearly mention that the bank statement cannot be older than 30 days and the name , address etc of account holder should clearly be mentioned. In my opinion re-applying after the necessary corrections are made is a more guaranteed process and would save a lot of time as well.
All the very best and keep us posted of the outcome
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 am

if it's an admin review you were given then you can't add more documents but in front of a judge you some time get away with enclosing additional correct documents and/or correcting the faults in the older ones.
Goodluck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 12, 2010 10:45 am

[iD] wrote:if it's an admin review you were given then you can't add more documents but in front of a judge you some time get away with enclosing additional correct documents and/or correcting the faults in the older ones.
There's no judge in admin. review. The review is done locally at the BHC by a different caseworker & ECM than the ones who approved the earlier decision.

Also, one can only appeal dependent EC decisions. Admin. review doesn't apply.

regards

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Tier 1 dependent refusal , urgent help required!!!

Post by aliq09 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:hi pandits
my wife has been refused dependent visa in india due to following reason:
1)wife produced bank statement older than 30 days
2)my name was spelt incorrect on bank statement , i have joint account with my father and i showed maintenance money from that account.

can anyone tell me how long the appeal process take as i am going to lodge an appeal in next couple of days.

Thanks
Hi ,

IMO , apply from the start and hope for the best ... one quick question .. is this is the same bank statement you showed in your case also ?????? or it's different .. if you say yes! than how they put your visa and reject your wife visa now .....
Thanks

Ali

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed May 12, 2010 3:58 pm

hi there
i am not sure if this is an admin review or not. My solicitor in Uk is going to lodge an apeal next week.Unfotunatlly my solicitor never mentioned to me that the bank statement shouldnt be more than 30days old. i have got all the necessary documents against the point raised by UKBA.My solicitor advised me that i dnt need to re-apply and we cant just provide documents. If i re-apply i will be spending another approx 60000 Rs .i am just confused with the appeal process.when yiu said its shouldnt take more than 30 days , do you mean that i should get a response in 30 days? i been told that it takes 3-4 months. Can you please tell me the approx response time.

apprecaite your help on this.

Raji_karmlaw wrote:Hi,
The appeal process should take about 30 working days. But I'm sorry to say that ur grounds for appeal is very flimsy. The guidelines clearly mention that the bank statement cannot be older than 30 days and the name , address etc of account holder should clearly be mentioned. In my opinion re-applying after the necessary corrections are made is a more guaranteed process and would save a lot of time as well.
All the very best and keep us posted of the outcome

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

sushdmehta wrote:
[iD] wrote:if it's an admin review you were given then you can't add more documents but in front of a judge you some time get away with enclosing additional correct documents and/or correcting the faults in the older ones.
There's no judge in admin. review. The review is done locally at the BHC by a different caseworker & ECM than the ones who approved the earlier decision.

Also, one can only appeal dependent EC decisions. Admin. review doesn't apply.

regards
thanks for elaborating what i said :)
Goodluck.