ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR having been refused a Visa in the past

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leigh-belle
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR having been refused a Visa in the past

Post by Leigh-belle » Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 am

This is just a quick question as I am a bit concerned.
I applied for a Student Visa in August 2002 and was refused on the basis that the College was not a bona fide institute (the College later won an appeal against this decision).

On the basis of this refusal, whilst the appeal process was underway (end of 2002) my solicitor applied for a new visa (Student Nurse Visa) as I had acquired a place on a Nursing course, of which I was granted a Student Visa in 2004 after nearly 3 years. I finished my course in 2005 and secured a job which enabled me to get a 5 year work permit and leave to remain on that basis.

Fast forward to 2010 and I will be applying for ILR through the premium service on the 14th of this month. I have been with same employer for the whole 5 years but am wondering if this blip in the past will affect my ILR application?

Any advice is very welcome, thank you in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 11, 2010 11:35 am

Like it (refusal) didn't affect you getting a nurse student visa, it will not affect your ILR application.

regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I agree with Sushdmehta, i know someone who was refused student visa and now has ILR. As long you werent denied for using fraudulent information

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 11, 2010 5:05 pm

f2k wrote: As long you werent denied for using fraudulent information
In that case, OP wouldn't have been granted the student nurse visa. I think OP is safe.

regards

Leigh-belle
Newly Registered

Post by Leigh-belle » Wed May 12, 2010 8:34 am

Thank you all for your swift responses. I will let you know what happens when I attend the Premium service.

Leigh-belle
Newly Registered

Post by Leigh-belle » Sat May 15, 2010 1:46 am

UPDATE: I attended my appointment yesterday and ILR application has been successful!
I need not have worried so thank you all for allaying those fears.

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat May 15, 2010 6:38 am

congratulations. sometimes we create problems that are out of the extraordinary and leads to stress.
Leigh-belle wrote:UPDATE: I attended my appointment yesterday and ILR application has been successful!
I need not have worried so thank you all for allaying those fears.