ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

senthil78
Member of Standing

Citizenship Referees

Post by senthil78 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi all,

It is really very hard to sort out the referees. My 1st referee is a project manager in the UK based limited company, He is british citizen and over the age of 25. My 2nd referee is also a project manager in India based company. He is employed in india and he has been deputed to UK on work permit. He has been in UK for more than 6 years continuously on a work permit. He is indian citizen and over the age of 25. I know both of them more than 3 years.

1). My 1st question, Are these referees acceptable?
2). My 2nd question, Is it compulsory to mention the passport number on the application if my 1st referee has one (British citizen)

Could you guys please advise me?

Thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 pm

I think its very clearly mentioned in form AN as to who is acceptable as a referee and what details are required. I suggest you go through the form again.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 pm

mrlookforward wrote:I think its very clearly mentioned in form AN as to who is acceptable as a referee and what details are required. I suggest you go through the form again.
Nothing is specific in the guide or form about referees. As per guide, a manager from a limited company can act as a referee, there are different type of managers within the company. Can a project manager be a referee? If a person is employed in india and have been in UK for 6 years, can he act as a referee? My question is more specific which i can't decide myself by reading the guide.

I request comment from other members also.

Thanks
Last edited by senthil78 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:03 pm

If a company has several different kind of managers, such as project manager, personnel manager, sales manager, purchase manager, catering manager, then are they all regarded as managers? or is it like only some of them are regarded as manager and others are not regarded as manager, even though they have the "word" manager attached to them.

Come on yaar senthil, you are not a school boy. :roll:

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:22 pm

senthil78 wrote:
mrlookforward wrote:I think its very clearly mentioned in form AN as to who is acceptable as a referee and what details are required. I suggest you go through the form again.
Hi mrlookforward,

Thanks for your reply. Nothing is specific in the guide or form about referees. As per guide, a manager from a limited company can act as a referee, there are different type of managers within the company. Can a project manager be a referee? If a person is employed in india and have been in UK for 6 years, can he act as a referee? My question is more specific which i can't decide myself by reading the guide.

I request comment from other members also.

Thanks

IMPO it is not the person's job title that is important but their PROFESSIONAL qualification. So, it doesn't really matter that the person is some sort of manager but the point is, do they have a professional qualification as indicated on the list of referees required?

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Thandia,

I don't think that manager require any specific professional qualification. I can't see anything in the guide about the qualification required for the manager. If it is an engineer, they need a professional qualification to act as a referee. Anyway thanks for your comment. I am clear now.
Last edited by senthil78 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 pm

senthil78 wrote:Thanks mrlookforward.

Hi Thandia,

I don't think that manager require any specific professional qualification. I can't see anything in the guide about the qualification required for the manager. If it is an engineer, they need a professional qualification to act as a referee. Anyway thanks for your comment. I am clear now.
My point is, the title manager is a very broad term. Not every manager can be a referee. Only those who are managers of VAT registered charities, VAT registered companies & Limited companies. This also includes personnel officers of said companies.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Ofcourse, As I already mentioned in my initial post, both my referees are managers in the limited company. something came up on my mind after reading your post, one of my referee is employed in india. Is there any requirement for a referee to be employed in the UK?

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu May 06, 2010 2:02 pm

senthil78 wrote:Ofcourse, As I already mentioned in my initial post, both my referees are managers in the limited company. something came up on my mind after reading your post, one of my referee is employed in india. Is there any requirement for a referee to be employed in the UK?
Senthil78
If a referee writes ''COMPANY DIRECTOR' on the proffessional and qualification part, would that be adequate or they must state the name of the company where they are directors? My referee just indicated as above and am worried whether to forward it like that?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:55 pm

munisa wrote:
senthil78 wrote:Ofcourse, As I already mentioned in my initial post, both my referees are managers in the limited company. something came up on my mind after reading your post, one of my referee is employed in india. Is there any requirement for a referee to be employed in the UK?
Senthil78
If a referee writes ''COMPANY DIRECTOR' on the proffessional and qualification part, would that be adequate or they must state the name of the company where they are directors? My referee just indicated as above and am worried whether to forward it like that?
My referees have just mentioned their designation like "Project Manager". Yours also should be fine. Name of the company is not asked in the application form. If the HO needs to know, they can find it through the referees contact number or email id. It should be just their designation.

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 am

senthil78 wrote:
munisa wrote:
Senthil78
My referees have just mentioned their designation like "Project Manager". Yours also should be fine. Name of the company is not asked in the application form. If the HO needs to know, they can find it through the referees contact number or email id. It should be just their designation.
Thanks Senthil78 for the clarification,
My worries are now sorted just waiting to see what Cam/Nik Government will decide on my application. UKBA has already pulled down all announcements and policy documents from their website as they await new ones fron the new regime...
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!