ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detention

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snow

Detention

Post by snow » Tue May 11, 2010 11:25 am

Hi

I want to know what is detention and how it will affect future extension and after release will that person be kept under observation .please any answers /information appreciated.

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Detention

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 11, 2010 11:46 am

snow wrote:Hi

I want to know what is detention and how it will affect future extension and after release will that person be kept under observation .please any answers /information appreciated.

Thank you
More info please. What is the purpose of the detention?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 am

In relation to the UK Immigration Rules, "Detention" may briefly be explained as follows:-

- Any arriving passenger required to submit to further examination by an Immigration Officer (i.e. served with form IS81)
- Any passenger refused entry and awaiting removal
- Any immigration offender (illegal entrant, overstayer, etc) served with IS151A
- Anyone served with notice of intention to serve a Deportation Order

all are liable to be detained on the order of an Immigration Officer, authorised normally by a Chief Immigration Officer. For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is detention space, most are granted some form of Temporary Admission/Release. This is normally subject to reporting restrictions, and it is unwise not to comply with these. The fact that someone has been detained does not in itself play a part in any decision whether or not someone should be admitted to or allowed to stay in the UK.

snow

Thank You

Post by snow » Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Thank You wanderer and rusty.

I am asking for my friend actually he was arriving in uk on student visa (first time)the immigration officer detained him but next day they relased him after asking too many question ,,bank balance ,,,y you want to study etc etc,, and they gave him a card to write where he will be staying in uk when he embarked from the flight date... tooo..... and return it to HCU unit terminal 3 heathrow .... what is this card for?? ..are they keeping him in observation. or the card is for someother reason.

AND please what this means most are granted some form of Temporary Admission/Release. This is normally subject to reporting restrictions, and it is unwise not to comply with these.

SO my friend is on temporary release ...
waiting for reply.
Last edited by snow on Wed May 12, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Seems like UKBA suspects that your friend is not a genuine student.

The card would have an identification code, what is it?

regards

snow

Post by snow » Wed May 12, 2010 3:39 pm

This is the address and form
After filling the form we have to return it to

The principal medical officer
Health Control unit
terminal 3 Arrivals
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow

FORM

DOB... REF NO....

Block letters please

Having disembarked from aircraft......
on (date).... my adress from(date).... to (dare).......
will be as under
Name....
no.or name of house....
street....
town and postal district...
county....
postalcode....
telephone no....
signature....

HCU TELEPHONE NO.... *********

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Don't worry about this!

Individual entering UK first time and arriving from one of the countries with a high rate of communicable diseases (e.g. - TB). Was he (your friend) seen by a doctor at the airport on entry and submitted to some medical checks? If so, they have asked for this form to be filled up so that he can be contacted if any of the checks are out of line.

regards

snow

Post by snow » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 am

Thank You so much.please explain me this paragraph.I will be obliged.

all are liable to be detained on the order of an Immigration Officer, authorised normally by a Chief Immigration Officer. For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is detention space, most are granted some form of Temporary Admission/Release. This is normally subject to reporting restrictions, and it is unwise not to comply with these. The fact that someone has been detained does not in itself play a part in any decision whether or not someone should be admitted to or allowed to stay in the UK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 13, 2010 11:53 am

snow wrote:Thank You so much.please explain me this paragraph.I will be obliged.

From what I understand of it,
1. If there are reporting restrictions (that the person is required to report at a police station/elsewhere, make sure you comply with them.
2. Detention does not influence the decision on whether the person should be allowed to stay in UK or not.

regards

snow

Post by snow » Sat May 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Thank you so much shushhdmehta and everyone.