ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smalltime

Re: citizenship

Post by smalltime » Thu May 06, 2010 7:20 pm

dublin123 wrote:
smalltime wrote:I did my oath today same as dublin123 (nice to meet you mate!)

there are many who made the oath around 70ish

my questions is will the cert be delayed because there was a lot?
im exited to get me passport hehehe
hi smalltime,good to see in court.I just wondering do we recieve any acknowledgement when we send declaration to department.or certificate striaght way.
thanks
Hi Dublin123 nice to see you too mate its nice to put a face to a name

I think our friend 9j answered your question (i didnt know about it hehhe)
good luck my friend enjoy being Irish hehehe
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 06, 2010 7:27 pm

mad wrote:It's taking about 2 weeks to get the cert. I wonder how long is it taking to get the passport these days? 9gerian my mate did you get your passport yet?
Nope. Some problem with the photographs. So I have to send in another pix. The nice lady I spoke to in the passport office reckons I should have it by Monday next. The website is saying about 20 working days for applications sent by passport express.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm

9jeirean wrote:
mad wrote:It's taking about 2 weeks to get the cert. I wonder how long is it taking to get the passport these days? 9gerian my mate did you get your passport yet?
Nope. Some problem with the photographs. So I have to send in another pix. The nice lady I spoke to in the passport office reckons I should have it by Monday next. The website is saying about 20 working days for applications sent by passport express.
hi 9J could you tell us what's the prob with ur photo so I would not make same mistake if you dnt mind.

I'm planning to use my photos in cert same as passport
thanks

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 pm

smalltime wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
hi 9J could you tell us what's the prob with ur photo so I would not make same mistake if you dnt mind.

I'm planning to use my photos in cert same as passport
thanks
Something about my glasses frame covering some parts of my eye. So I took another pix without the glasses on the advice of the lady in the passport office. The funny thing is I used the same pixs for my naturalization cert and they were ok with them.

dublin123
Newly Registered

Re: citizenship

Post by dublin123 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:48 pm

[quote="9jeirean"][quote="dublin123"

thanks 9jeirean,good look with ur passport

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 am

9jeirean wrote:
hi 9j did you send your application thru passport express? did you send original cert? Which is better passport express or apply in person? Thanks

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 pm

smalltime wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
hi 9j did you send your application thru passport express? did you send original cert? Which is better passport express or apply in person? Thanks
Sent mine by passport express. Not sure if applying in person would ordinarily expedite the application. I assume that if you can prove the urgency, they'll probablly oblige. I think Nanette applied in person and got hers within days. Thanks to the recession and the Ash cloud. I aint going no where soon :lol:

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:14 pm

What do people think about contacting this Immigrant council of ireland. can they do anything to improve this naturalisation storey.
also what do people think about this Q that we are told. are there many Qs or just one
thanks

mad

Post by mad » Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 pm

bugu07 wrote:What do people think about contacting this Immigrant council of ireland. can they do anything to improve this naturalisation storey.
also what do people think about this Q that we are told. are there many Qs or just one
thanks
I contacted immigration council on a couple of occasions and they told me that they cannot help me directly and that they have stopped helping with individual cases. SO I am afraid they might not be of much help. However, I might suggest you speak with them. I contacted them hoping that they might help me expedite my approval.

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm

9jeirean wrote:
smalltime wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
Sent mine by passport express. Not sure if applying in person would ordinarily expedite the application. I assume that if you can prove the urgency, they'll probablly oblige. I think Nanette applied in person and got hers within days. Thanks to the recession and the Ash cloud. I aint going no where soon :lol:
Receive my passport Thursday 6th May. Took about 23 working days. Sent mine by passport express aswell.

mad

Post by mad » Sat May 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Congratulations Heinrich. Well done. Bravo!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 am

congrats Heinrich

samol
Newly Registered

Post by samol » Wed May 12, 2010 9:52 am

Hi all
I've been reading these boards for a few months now and have gotten some really useful info, so thanks to all who contribute.

Just got acceptance letter yesterday, 11th May 2010, applied July 2008, so 22 months. I'm married to an Irish citizen and have 2 Irish kids. Seems like this went through quickly for me, so i guess i was lucky. Also, i have 2 penalty points and took SW for 2 months last year so neither of these things have gone against me.

Am going to ring court today to get date for oath, but from what i've been hearing it can take months to get a date for this. Is this true? I'm in North Co Dublin so will go to the Swords court.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed May 12, 2010 10:48 am

samol wrote:Hi all
I've been reading these boards for a few months now and have gotten some really useful info, so thanks to all who contribute.

Just got acceptance letter yesterday, 11th May 2010, applied July 2008, so 22 months. I'm married to an Irish citizen and have 2 Irish kids. Seems like this went through quickly for me, so i guess i was lucky. Also, i have 2 penalty points and took SW for 2 months last year so neither of these things have gone against me.

Am going to ring court today to get date for oath, but from what i've been hearing it can take months to get a date for this. Is this true? I'm in North Co Dublin so will go to the Swords court.
very lucky indeed. Congrats

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 pm

congrat samol
I got my oath after two weeks after approval

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed May 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Congrats Samol ! it ain't quick if you ask me as spouses of Irish Citizens usually get approval in 18 months or less (no Garda or Social Welfare checks for you guys). anyways, enjoy Visa-free travel..

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Wed May 12, 2010 10:48 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:

Congrats Samol ! it ain't quick if you ask me as spouses of Irish Citizens usually get approval in 18 months or less (no Garda or Social Welfare checks for you guys). anyways, enjoy Visa-free travel..
Hello there!

What you suggested about expediting applications of spouses of Irish citizens is certainly not true in my case. however it seems in line to several cases I'm aware of who got naturalised in less than two years.

I applied in April 2008 and my application is based on marriage to an Irish citizen (by birth not naturalisation). I have also a 5 years old daughter who goes to gaelscoil and I actually speak some Irish after taking a course in Irish to sit the Law Society exam a few years ago.

I never received any social welfare from the state ever! I work full-time and earn 45000 a year and so does my wife. I never received penalty points or even a parking ticket. Security wise, I worked as a civilian instructor with the Irish army in the Curragh camp so I presume checks have been made on my background.

I hold two Masters including an LL.M from NUI and several Diplomas and Certificates from NUI as well.

My wife and I contacted our local TD about that and he asked a parliamentary question about the delay on the 5th of May and he received a cut and paste-type answer http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... #g1190.0.r . The Minister also said that he was informed that the processing of my application is "ongoing", while he commented on another question regarding an application in September (May 11th)as being at an advanced stage.

The spouse of a friend of mine was naturalised in less than a year and a half. the local Kebab shop guy who does not speak English (not spouse) was naturalised in 24 months. some people I helped to fill their applications got naturalised before me.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Abdul-w-A wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:

Hello there!

What you suggested about expediting applications of spouses of Irish citizens is certainly not true in my case. however it seems in line to several cases I'm aware of who got naturalised in less than two years.

I applied in April 2008 and my application is based on marriage to an Irish citizen (by birth not naturalisation). I have also a 5 years old daughter who goes to gaelscoil and I actually speak some Irish after taking a course in Irish to sit the Law Society exam a few years ago.

I never received any social welfare from the state ever! I work full-time and earn 45000 a year and so does my wife. I never received penalty points or even a parking ticket. Security wise, I worked as a civilian instructor with the Irish army in the Curragh camp so I presume checks have been made on my background.

I hold two Masters including an LL.M from NUI and several Diplomas and Certificates from NUI as well.

My wife and I contacted our local TD about that and he asked a parliamentary question about the delay on the 5th of May and he received a cut and paste-type answer http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... #g1190.0.r . The Minister also said that he was informed that the processing of my application is "ongoing", while he commented on another question regarding an application in September (May 11th)as being at an advanced stage.

The spouse of a friend of mine was naturalised in less than a year and a half. the local Kebab shop guy who does not speak English (not spouse) was naturalised in 24 months. some people I helped to fill their applications got naturalised before me.
It is obvious now that the naturalization processing is a big joke, as is every other processes in INIS. I am yet to see any convincing evidence to show that the processing is done in any order or that preferences are given to any particular group of applicants safe for refugees.

It is indeed a shame that people who continue to contribute their professional skills and hard earned income in the form of tax are treated this way.

Having just recently gone through the crap process myself, all I can say is hang in there. We also need people like yourself in the legal parlance to help strengthen the push for a fairer and more efficient system. Enough of this rubbish already.

9jeirean

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm

9jeirean,

did you get your passport ?....you need to travel and relax a bit....kidding.

Ahahahahaahahaha.

I was in Bordeaux for a weekend, it feels nice to have an EU passport, especially the Irish one.

Nana (the girl to bitch)

9jeirean wrote:
Abdul-w-A wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:

Hello there!

It is obvious now that the naturalization processing is a big joke, as is every other processes in INIS. I am yet to see any convincing evidence to show that the processing is done in any order or that preferences are given to any particular group of applicants safe for refugees.

It is indeed a shame that people who continue to contribute their professional skills and hard earned income in the form of tax are treated this way.

Having just recently gone through the crap process myself, all I can say is hang in there. We also need people like yourself in the legal parlance to help strengthen the push for a fairer and more efficient system. Enough of this rubbish already.

9jeirean

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 pm

nanette wrote:9jeirean,

Ahahahahaahahaha.

I was in Bordeaux for a weekend, it feels nice to have an EU passport, especially the Irish one.

Nana (the girl to bitch)

9jeirean wrote:
Abdul-w-A wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:

Hello there!

9jeirean
Hey Nanette. Good on you gurl :wink: Hope you enjoyed your trip. Yep got my passport on Monday. I couldn't dare the ash cloud yet, but let's see what the summer brings.

Take care :wink:

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Thu May 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi GUYS
I am in a very awkward situation, i applied LTR in sept 2008 and submitted my file for naturalisation in dec 2008, after that some of my friend told me that he had some problem with his case and he went to the solicitor and he was dealt very quickly and got LTR and naturalisation approval with in six months time,
i took that solicitor contact and had an appontment he told me he will get my file sorted in 1 year or maybe 18 months hopefully. then he told me that if in want i can submit an application under sec(4) Irish born child and me and my wife can get 18 years stamp 4 untill, this law was finished in 2005 but he told me that still they can deal with application if u send them and iy will take hardly 6 months to get sorted, so it look fruitful to me and asked himto file my application, now after nearly one and half year i went to him and asked that y on LTR or Naturalisation or IBC act i havnt heard any thing
and good thing is a friend sharing house with me send LTR application same day with me and got his approval last month.
so i asked that if u submit my files should be quicker then normal people who didnot pay anyboby then he told me that in oct 2009 there was a decision made by the court that Naturalisation is no body right and no one can force the department to speed up cases he told me that this news was all in papers and now its no point to write them or contact them its all their decision when they want to make it, he told me that if i want i can write them myself and get the updates
now i am bit pissed off and scared that they might make more delays in my application as in normal they are so slow or they might fuckup my case, i really dont know what to do today i am really no where
please advice or just i should forget of everything that i submitted any files.
thanx and congratulation to guys getting their matter sorted in time.

NOW I WANT TO REQUEST ALL PLEASE DONT GO TO THESE SMART SOLICITORS THEY ARE JUST LIKE USELESS CRATURES AND HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL

AlmostAngry
Newly Registered

Some advice needed pls

Post by AlmostAngry » Fri May 14, 2010 7:00 pm

[quote="Hi there! I applied 13/11/2006.Got approval 23/03/2010.So my waiting time was 40 months and 10 days.Im not sure,but I think "all time" record was 53 months so far.Best of luck to all those,who are still waiting.[/quote]

Hi there just fell upone this great forum today while i was looking for some info/advice on the web, i've read some really useful comments from individuals who sound like they know what they're talking about, so some help or advice would be very much appreciated.

So heres the story, I applied for citizenship when i was 18 back in 2007 i received the letter saying they've got the application etc in November of the same yr, Rang them up last November as it had been 24 months, and some lady it Tipp says "you're be hearing from us by the first week in Jan 2010" U can imagine how excited i was about the new year.... 4 months later, Nada. I spoke to someone in the actual department of Justice in the ministers office and he said they are waiting on a report.

Here is where it gets a bit complicated, i'm now a 20 yr old Univesity Student, i have to go on an "ERASMUS" exchange programme starting August this year untill July 2011 in france, I still have not yet heard from them, I wrote to the ppl in Tipp and they said oh, we cant really tell you when you will hear from us, we wil contact you in due course..etc. Im now wating nearly 30 months. It seems like a Life time, can not imagine how 53 months would be like. I've no criminal record.
Assuming i hear from them at some point after August, i can't exactly leave College in France and come back and wait for a naturalisation certificate and then a passport, i'd be looking at 2 months off college....
I now have to apply for a Long stay visa at the french embassy, was there lst week and they are infairness not the nicest ppl to deal with.
Any pointers or advice as to what to do would be appreciated.
Much love
AlmostAngry :x

mad

Post by mad » Fri May 14, 2010 7:27 pm

9jeirean wrote:
nanette wrote:9jeirean,

Ahahahahaahahaha.

Nana (the girl to bitch)

9jeirean wrote:
Abdul-w-A wrote:
Hello there!

9jeirean
Hey Nanette. Good on you gurl :wink: Hope you enjoyed your trip. Yep got my passport on Monday. I couldn't dare the ash cloud yet, but let's see what the summer brings.

Take care :wink:
Congratulations 9jerian my friend. How long did it take ya ta get ur passport mate?

mad

Re: Some advice needed pls

Post by mad » Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 pm

AlmostAngry wrote:[quote="Hi there! I applied 13/11/2006.Got approval 23/03/2010.So my waiting time was 40 months and 10 days.Im not sure,but I think "all time" record was 53 months so far.Best of luck to all those,who are still waiting.
Hi there just fell upone this great forum today while i was looking for some info/advice on the web, i've read some really useful comments from individuals who sound like they know what they're talking about, so some help or advice would be very much appreciated.

So heres the story, I applied for citizenship when i was 18 back in 2007 i received the letter saying they've got the application etc in November of the same yr, Rang them up last November as it had been 24 months, and some lady it Tipp says "you're be hearing from us by the first week in Jan 2010" U can imagine how excited i was about the new year.... 4 months later, Nada. I spoke to someone in the actual department of Justice in the ministers office and he said they are waiting on a report.

Here is where it gets a bit complicated, i'm now a 20 yr old Univesity Student, i have to go on an "ERASMUS" exchange programme starting August this year untill July 2011 in france, I still have not yet heard from them, I wrote to the ppl in Tipp and they said oh, we cant really tell you when you will hear from us, we wil contact you in due course..etc. Im now wating nearly 30 months. It seems like a Life time, can not imagine how 53 months would be like. I've no criminal record.
Assuming i hear from them at some point after August, i can't exactly leave College in France and come back and wait for a naturalisation certificate and then a passport, i'd be looking at 2 months off college....
I now have to apply for a Long stay visa at the french embassy, was there lst week and they are infairness not the nicest ppl to deal with.
Any pointers or advice as to what to do would be appreciated.
Much love
AlmostAngry :x[/quote]

Do you mind telling us the following:

1. Under which basis did you apply?

2. Do you know what reports are they waiting for?

Best of luck.

AlmostAngry
Newly Registered

Post by AlmostAngry » Fri May 14, 2010 8:02 pm

@ Mad

I applied as a Refugee and no i don't know the documents they are looking for because they won't tell me, the guy i spoke to said he can not telll because of the issue of "legality" (in that its not legal for him to tell me) i find that astonishing. Im thinkng of getting a solicitor to write to them.