ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Personnel Visit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arjun_123

Home Office Personnel Visit

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:10 am

Hi All,

I have applied for Tier-2 (General) on 02-04-2010 and enrolled my Biometrics on 19-04-2010. I have had no updates since then. Recently my HR Manager has received a letter from HO saying that there will be a visit from HO personnel sometime in last week this month. And the letter is titled ‘Visit Arrangement Letter’. Do anybody have an idea of what this visit is for? Do I have to wait till this vist to get my Visa? Any information will be appreciated. Cheers.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:31 am

Actually Guys, there is a better news for me!! i have got my Application Back just now and my visa is approved :D :D :D :D ..i was confused because there was no stamp or visa on my passport , but later on i realised that ICNF is the actual recidence Permit and proof...which i am expecting in 7 working days!!

but i will still have to attend the interview with the HO Personnel when they are on a visit to our company(as it is stated in the letter that they would like me to be present whilst the visit )..so i am not sure what the outcome is gonna be!!? if anybody had any of these HO visits then please let me know the details....cheers

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed May 12, 2010 1:00 pm

At the meeting some halfwit ex-customs officer will want to tick a load of boxes by asking your sponsor to prove they meet all the sponsor compliance rules (even the ones that aren't relevant). From you they will probably want to check you have the right visa and that you're doing the job they issued the CoS for.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for you reply buddy. is there a link for what sponsor compliance rules are? and do i need to be cautious about any particulars when answering to the agent? is this a formality Visit/interview or will it effect my visa or employment? sorry abt so many questions ,trying to be bit cautious coz looks like i am almost there and this Visit/Interview thingy is bit worrying me...Thanks in advance. Cheers.

timbob

Post by timbob » Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 pm

I dont think it's anything for you to worry about. You've got the permit already. It's probably just to make a few checks like 'The Station Agent' suggested.

Cheers!

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu May 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 am

Brilliant...Thank you guys..