ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECO overturns refusal decison at ABUDHABI .what next ? help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rain

ECO overturns refusal decison at ABUDHABI .what next ? help

Post by Rain » Tue May 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Dear All
My mother's family visit visa was refused in Feb 2010. We appealed against it and in Feb 2010.I received this email from Abu Dhabi .
Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre's call centre's number 0900 10411 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for submission of your passport.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter
§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
§ Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Head of Post Decision Team
UKBAIG Abu Dhabi
I have few questions and will appreciate if any one can answer .

1)I have been told by a immigration consultant that it means the refusal decision was over turned by ECO and visa has been granted.It that correct (Hope so !)

2) How long this email is valid for ? Gerry fedex guy said "you have to apply within 30 days" and a immigration consultant said "you can apply with in 90 days" ? Is there anything on UKBA website about this?

3)How long it roughly takes to get the stamped passport back ?

Thanks in anticipation

batleykhan

Re: ECO overturns refusal decison at ABUDHABI .what next ? h

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Rain wrote:Dear All
My mother's family visit visa was refused in Feb 2010. We appealed against it and in Feb 2010.I received this email from Abu Dhabi .
Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your application for entry clearance, please call at your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre's call centre's number 0900 10411 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for submission of your passport.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter
§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
§ Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Head of Post Decision Team
UKBAIG Abu Dhabi
I have few questions and will appreciate if any one can answer .

1)I have been told by a immigration consultant that it means the refusal decision was over turned by ECO and visa has been granted.It that correct (Hope so !)

Yes thats right

2) How long this email is valid for ? Gerry fedex guy said "you have to apply within 30 days" and a immigration consultant said "you can apply with in 90 days" ? Is there anything on UKBA website about this?

Dont know what you mean by this but if you are talking about teh date you want to travel , you can delay the start of the visa anything from one month to 3 months if you want. So example if you want to come in August 2010, then ask them to start the visa from then ( however if you do this , you will not be allowed to travel earlier than this date). My advise is would be to give a date in a months time ( as that is how long it will take for them to stamp visa)therefore when you get your passport back, you can fly straightaway and would be allowed to stay 6 months in teh Uk

3)How long it roughly takes to get the stamped passport back ?

Between 4 - 6 weeks ( maybe longer and shorter depending what their workload is at the time)

Thanks in anticipation

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks a lot Batley Khan

Dont know what you mean by this but if you are talking about teh date you want to travel , you can delay the start of the visa anything from one month to 3 months if you want. So example if you want to come in August 2010, then ask them to start the visa from then ( however if you do this , you will not be allowed to travel earlier than this date). My advise is would be to give a date in a months time ( as that is how long it will take for them to stamp visa)therefore when you get your passport back, you can fly straightaway and would be allowed to stay 6 months in teh Uk
I got the email on 3rd may.Gerry Fedex person told us that we have to
submit the passport before 3rd June but an immigration consultant said we can submit passport any time in next three months. Who is right ?
My mother is planning to come in September 2010 and stay 4-5 months. So ideally we would like it to be stamped in late July/Early August.What would be the best time to submit the passport .
Regards and Thanks

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 am

Hi there ,

will appreciate if you can also advise what was the reason for refusal for the first place and did you apealed with some extra evidence ???

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 13, 2010 7:53 am

I got the email on 3rd may.Gerry Fedex person told us that we have to submit the passport before 3rd June but an immigration consultant said we can submit passport any time in next three months. Who is right ?
My mother is planning to come in September 2010 and stay 4-5 months. So ideally we would like it to be stamped in late July/Early August.What would be the best time to submit the passport .
Regards and Thanks
You can submitt your passport straightaway to have the visa stamped in it ....BUT make sure you tell them you want the visa to start in 3 months time and not straightaway. The max time allowed is 3 months. So if you hand it in today 13/5/10 you can get them start visa on 13/8/10.

Once this is stamped in your passport you can come to the UK at any time within that period. The longer you delay your arrival, the less time you have to spend it UK. So if you come in Sept you will only have 4-5 months to spend in UK.

Hope that helps :wink:

sabrinakhan

hi

Post by sabrinakhan » Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 pm

hi rain
congrats for the over turned decision
just one question where did u send ur appeal was it send to abudhabi or did u send it to AIT IN UK because its been 13 weeks now my appeal is with abu dhabi because i send my appeal to abu dhabi and not to AIT IN UK and they are reviewing it and have not forwarded my appeal to AIT IN UK ..
any advice please would be helpfull thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 19, 2010 3:51 pm

It does not matter where you send your appeal. It takes on average 24 weeks to get an appeal hearing, which will be heard in the UK.

As yours has only been 13 weeks, you have some way to go before it is your turn

maggi

Post by maggi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi All,
I got the same email today. I got few queries aswell:
1) it says bring a copy of the letter. We haven't received any hard-copy by post. Its only this email. Would a printout of this email sufficient to take with?
2)As we had appealed, we also have got a letter of court hearing aswell from tribunal. Now its confusing (as per my understanding) once we make an appeal, the appeal goes to the same person / department who made the refusal decision earlier, the application is reconsidered and if they think that the refusal decision was correct, they forward the case to tribunal.
Now, at one point we have got a call from tribunal, but also we have got this email of providing the passport. Can anyone guide what actually is happening to the application?

ilsadal
Newly Registered

What About Visa Stamping...

Post by ilsadal » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:24 pm

hope that you are fine...

can you please tell me what happened about your Uk Visa you received email then when did you submit passport for visa stamping and when your passport you got back kindly inform.

as i received same email.

regards