ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

planning to apply soon ..pls help on some specific queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

planning to apply soon ..pls help on some specific queries

Post by vidya » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:18 am

hi everyone

i have some specific doubts , moderators might have the anwer -

a). I am a chartered accountant from india ...do professional qualifications ..qualify for 15 points or 25 points ..the guidance notes sounds like it is equated to 15 points ..although it seems fair to consider a professional qualification equal to a master's and would i be able to get 25 points ?

b). My husband i will be completing 2 year's of marriage soon ..i am collating evidence that we have lived at the same address ..i have only bills addressed me in the past year and not from the first set of months when i moved in ...do u think they will give me the benefit of the doubt and award me the points ....i have been living with him since the marriage( obviously :D ) ...its jus a matter of not having sufficient evidence to prove it ..any suggestions ...

thanx a lot everyone

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:43 am

hi vidya;

Accourding to your first doubt.There is a sentenced like "Masters Degree (eg MA, MSc or MBA) or Professional Level Qualification (eg Chartered Accountant) - 25 points" on the web site.. So you would probably awarded as 25 points..

As far as i know you have to supply evidence for relationship along 2 years.. So the date of first evidence should belong to 2 years ago.. You better try to find some old bills or you can both wait little bit more ..

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:01 pm

I wanted to clarify this 2 years requirement thing. As far as I can see in the application form , that showing 2 years requirement is only necessary if you are not officially married and living with your spouse or partner. I dont see any specific mention that we need to show 2 years of living together for married couples. You do need to provide marriage certificate but I dont see anything that says you have to show that you have been living for 2 years together for married people.

Please clarify.

vidya

nope i pretty sure abt this

Post by vidya » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:44 am

no abhi , unfortunately , the guidance notes say that 2 years living together proof is essential even for married couples ....thats one of the reasons i have been waiting for some more time to elapse before applying ....moderators , can you confirm the doubt raised by abhi ??

abhi , i guess the logic is ..well , we have heard of people getting married jus to get a green card right , maybe the UK immigration wants to make sure the marriage is a authentic one and not one we entered into jus to get those 10 extra points ..sad isnt it ... :roll:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:48 am

vidya, your assessment is correct. It is clearly mentioned that this applies to married couples as well.

Below text forms a part of your guidlines notes.

This category has been created to recognise the contribution skilled spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners or same sex partners of those successful under HSMP can make to the UK economy given the entitlement to work in the UK.

50. In order to score in this category, you must provide evidence that your spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner is educated to degree level (e.g. BA or BSc) or an equivalent vocational or professional qualification. Alternatively, you can provide evidence that they are currently or have previously been employed in a graduate level job (for definition see work experience section). Your spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner must accompany or join you in the UK. In addition your spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner must not already have been granted settlement (permanent residence) in the UK.
51. In addition, you must provide evidence that you and your partner have been living in a relationship of either marriage, or a relationship akin to marriage, that has subsisted for the last two years or more before the points can be awarded. (see paragraph 37 of guidance notes for more details on partners)
52. You must provide three pieces of evidence, from the list below, addressed to you and your partner to demonstrate that you have lived in a partnership at the same address for the last two years.
53. If you are married or have entered into a civil partnership, please supply your marriage certificate or civil partnership document as one of the pieces of evidence to confirm your relationship.
54. For example, if you and your partner have been living together since March 2002 you should supply a piece of official evidence addressed to you both, at the same address from March 2002 (if married or in a civil partnership, this could be your marriage certificate or civil partnership document to show when you started living together), a piece from 2003 and a piece from March 2004.
55. However, if you are unable to provide sufficient documents that are jointly addressed you should provide four pieces of evidence from the list below, in a combination of some addressed to you and some addressed to your partner to cover the two year period.
56. In order to provide evidence of your relationship you must supply documents of the type described below as evidence that you and your partner live together.
* telephone bills or statements
* gas bills or statements
* electricity bills or statements
* water rates
* council tax documents
* local social services department correspondence
* local health authority correspondence
* government department or agency (e.g. Inland Revenue,) documents
* bank or building society letters or statements
* credit card statements
* insurance certificates complete with address
* mortgage statements or agreement