ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR through Premium Service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxima

ILR through Premium Service

Post by maxima » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi,

my ILR is due by the end of February.

I have opened Croydon page http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... do_we.html and there is : We do not consider cases in the following categories: Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

on Birmingam page http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... ngham.html

WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

SET(O)
Approved work permit employment
Employment not requiring a work permit
UK Ancestry
Writer / Artist / Composer
10 Years Long Residency
Please note that for these applications,
(i) All applications must qualify in their own right.
(ii) There are no provisions under the immigration rules for dependants.

No HSMP but it doesnt name it explicitly though.

The question - is premium service for ILR available for HSMP (3.5 yrs of WP and 0.5 yrs of HSMP) ?

How long takes to receive ILR trough post application ?

Thank you.

maxima

Post by maxima » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Just have found on workpermit.com :

UK Visas Processed Fast

Permanent residence visa after being on a four year work permit, or four years on work permit and UK HSMP visa.

means - that possible... Just need to find out - how.... Need to call HO again :)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:46 pm

maxima,

Would you please keep us updated with your progress.

I am aware that HSMP applicants cannot avail the FLR premium service. I would like to know if that holds true for ILR as well.

The ILR postal application can typically take about 3 weeks.

Good luck

maxima

Post by maxima » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:42 pm

OK. I am going to figure that out on the Monday. Will post the update.

I woldnt mind to post the application but I am going to have a holiday in very beginning of March (scheduled already with my client). And I can to apply in the end of February which creates considerable inconvinience.

And also I heard a lot of stories about lost passports in HO. It will be a huge problem for me.

But I can assure you - if workpermit.com can do that - you can do it yourself for 100%. I have learnt the nature of immigration authority in the UK :)

Just need to figure out - how exactly.

Cheers.

maxima

Post by maxima » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:04 pm

You CANNOT USE PREMIUM SERVICE under HSMP.

workpermit.com admitted - they cannot offer same day service for HSMP and information on their website is wrong...

Going to post now :S

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:10 pm

Thanks Maxima,

There are bound to be HSMP applicants applying for ILR in the coming months/years. Good to have this clarified. Thanks

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:20 pm

but if you read the SET(O) form, it seems premium service also provide to mixed(WP+HSMP). I shall wait and see your case

maxima

Post by maxima » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:34 pm

I would like to see the actual quote you are talking about.

So far what I have found is:
7 APPLYING IN PERSON
We offer a same-day service to people who apply
in person at one of our Public Enquiry Offices
(PEOs). The premium rate has to be paid for this
service - see page 2 for the current rate. We can
only offer this service for applications which are
straightforward and do not require further
enquiries.
I cannot conclude that WP+HSMP=PremiumService from this quote.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:28 pm

Maxima, irrespective of whether you can or can't apply at a PEO, is there any particular reason for you needing to apply at a PEO? Why not submit by post 28 days before the expiry of your current visa?

Even if you have not heard back by then, your current visa will be automatically extended, so you will not be an overstayer. That is, because of legislation commonly known as Section 3C, if you apply before your current visa expires and have not heard back by the visa's stated expiry date, then the old visa is "treated as continuing" until you do hear, or if declined for some reason, until the time to appeal against that has expired.
John

maxima

Post by maxima » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:57 pm

it is not simple to explain. In first palce - practically - I heard quite a lot (relatively) cases when passport had been lost in HO. And even more cases when it stalled for months with no reason (I think clerk just didnt like your photo or papers slipped behind the desk).

In second - psychologically - I dont trust HO in general. If you can get that - get it asap. My visa is OK for many month in advance but I am going to apply on exactly day X - 28 :). Also may be it because of the country I went from. Never trust to state.. Unfortunately it difficult to exterminate.

It is a long story.

In fact you dont have any feasible rights. You are not a citizen and HO attitude towards immigrants quite worsened since Blankett left. Or may be it me being paranoid :)

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:44 pm

maxima wrote:I would like to see the actual quote you are talking about.

The fee
For applications made on this form, there is a fee of £335 for applications made by post and £500 for applications made in person at one of the Public Enquiry Offices. Applying by post takes longer.

Form
Version 09/2005
Application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK in one of the following categories:
  • Work permit holder Complete all sections
  • Employment not requiring a work permit Complete all sections
  • Writer, composer or artist Complete all sections
  • UK ancestry Complete all sections
  • Highly skilled migrant Complete all sections.....
As we have already known that WP can definitely apply in person. There is no where indicate WP+HSMP can not apply in person. Maybe the best way for you is to make this enquiry(3.5WP+0.5HSMP) directly to make it 100% sure in case wasting your money and time. The good aspect is that I guess you still should have plenty of time to handle this (HSMP is for one year initial, so you should have 7-6 months visa on HSMP left).

May I ask are you still working in the UK?

I have a new question here. If 3.5WP+0.5HSMP, but with 0.5HSMP unemployment(not economical active but actively looking for a job), still possible to get ILR? Many thanks.

maxima

Post by maxima » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:51 am

I have received ILR under WP+HSMP in Birmingham PEO.

For Mapple Leaf - on ind.gov.uk site was clearly stated - HSMP is not servicing (a month ago).

Now they changed the text. I think this thing just sorted out.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:07 pm

My friend opted for Premium service at Birmingham PEO last year for ILR (WP+HSMP) and he was granted the same.

So, is it now not possible to opt for premium service (WP+HSMP) at PEO's for ILR?
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

maxima

Post by maxima » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:39 am

Dude. "I have received" means = I just got it = Yes it is possible.

Where u'd been when I was asking the question?